This post is sponsored by Church & Dwight.
While family vacations to exotic locales are definitely fun, sometimes a staycation is far more relaxing! Think about it: no rushing to the airport to catch a flight, no standing in line at the security checkpoint for hours with your shoes off, no sleeping in strange beds! I love traveling, but I feel like I need a vacation from my vacation! A staycation, when planned right, lets you avoid the exhaustion and stress of long-distance traveling while still getting the break you deserve.
Note the key words there above: when planned right. Treat your staycation as a real vacation. That means no catching up on chores and no sneaking peeks at your work email! Instead, play tourist in your own city or province! See your area from a new point of view. Relax and enjoy your spring break with these great tips from our friends at Church and Dwight.
7 Great Spring Break Staycation Ideas for Your Family
- Plan an indoor excursion. Visit a local museum, theatre or art centre! Whatever your interests may be, there’s surely something in your area to explore.
- Visit a local ski resort. Take a day, or two, to hit the slopes with your family; you can ski, snowboard, snow tube or hike, the options are endless.
- Tip: If you have family members who are motion sensitive, GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables (available for kids and adults) are an effective and convenient option to treat nausea, vomiting and dizziness, so you can get there more comfortably and with less worry. (Don’t take GravolTM chewables and drive, as GravolTM Quick Dissolve Chewables may cause cause drowsiness).
- Unwind with a good book. When was the last time you spent the day curled up with a good book? Tackle that “to be read” pile! Have everyone in the family pick out a new book (or something from the stacks they haven’t read) and cozy up! For younger kids who aren’t reading yet, grab a stack of colouring books and crayons.
- At-home makeovers. Be your own glam squad and grab those nail polishes, make-up powders, sparkle eye shadows, styling tools and last but not least…BatisteTM Dry Shampoo! It’s perfect to use between washes and easy to use. Applying quick burst revitalizes hair and removes any excess oil, adding body and texture. With the new limited-edition BatisteTM Ella Henderson Sweet & Seductive Dry Shampoo, you’ll feel like a celebrity, with hair that looks, feels – and smells – great!
- Crafts, puzzles and games galore. Now you have time to get into a new project with your kids that could take a few hours or few days, you decide.
- Try new recipes. The March break can have us feeling refreshed and rejuvenated, inspiring us to tackle that new recipe you or your kids have been wanting to try. Whether it’s a batch of cookies – or a yummy stew – take advantage of your time. It might end up being something you love!
- In addition to all the good food you’ll cook up, make sure all family members get the get their daily recommended nutrients by taking VitafusionTMMen’s or Women’s Complete Multivitamin and Lil’CrittersTM Gummy VitesTM for kids.
- Get outside. Go for a walk, a skate at a local rink and maybe pop into a coffee shop to escape from the cold and warm up with a delicious drink.
On behalf of your family’s most trusted brands, here’s a staycation giveaway for you to enjoy:
- Vitafusion™ Women’s Complete Multivitamin
- Vitafusion™ Men’s Complete Multivitamin
- L’il Critters™ Gummy Vites™
- Ella Henderson for Batiste™ Dry Shampoo
- OxiClean™ Versatile Stain Remover (not pictured)
- Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant Clean & Fresh Paste (not pictured)
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh Battery Brush (not pictured)
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Paw Patrol Battery Brush (not pictured)
- Arm & Hammer™ Spinbrush™ Disney Descendants Battery Brush (not pictured)
- Nair™ Wax Ready-Strips Legs & Body (not pictured)
Value: Approximately $80
Giveaway is open to Canadian residents age of majority only. It ends on March 31st. Enter below for your chance to win!