Fort Lauderdale is just the perfect destination especially if you are with kids. Filled with exciting spots, sports and shopping places, great dining joints, this is just the ideal place to be in for all those families looking for some fume filled times. Look no further than Fort Lauderdale which is a perfect choice for kids. Whether you are an animal lover or a nature lover, Lauderdale has something for everyone. This is a great tourist destination for families, tourist and residents alike. I had the opportunity to visit it last year! We drove from Montreal to Florida!
Fun-filled activities that you can enjoy with your kids while at Fort Lauderdale
- Buehler Planetarium & Observatory- Nestled away on the Broward Community College, the Buehler Planetarium & Observatory is a superb attraction for all those with deep interest in science. Check public observatory hours and show times. Adults and children can get free entrance to the observatory on public viewing nights, making this a great attraction when your budget is tight.
- Everglades National Park- Covering 1.5 million acres of swamps, this is one of the most unusual public parks that you will come across. The park is home to rare endangered species like endangered species and you can camp here with your kids or take them canoeing.
- Butterfly World- This is a fun filled educational opportunity to get closer to those butterflies. The research facility on the butterfly farm spread across 10-acre houses over a million butterflies. It is the largest butterfly park in the world! Kids will love seeing and learning about all the different species of this pretty insect. The Bug Museum section features numerous other different types of bugs as well.
- Museum of Discovery and Science –Your kids will simply love being at Fort Lauderdale’s Museum of Discovery and Science and this is like a great learning experience and adventure for the whole family. Explore through 200 exhibits, comprising of snakes, bats and the largest living coral reef in captivity. Their new EcoDiscovery Center is sure to be a hit. The whole family can take a ride through the Everglades, dig for fossils or even see what it’s like to be in the middle of a major hurricane (safely, of course).
- Flamingo Gardens- Flamingo Gardens features a 60-acre sanctuary where one can come across rare and exotic plants and animals. Tour through the aviary and the 1930s Wray Home, and learn about the culture and wildlife of South Florida.
- Las Olas Riverfront- Eat, drink and enjoy at Las Olas with your kids. Pull up in your boat and doc for free and get the food served right in your boat from the restaurants of Las Olas. There are dozens of kid-friendly eateries and shops in this gorgeous shopping district. We had a delicious pasta and then an amazing ice cream! It was one of the best ice creams we ever had!
- Secret Woods Nature Center- The Secret Woods Nature Center is immensely popular among kids. Enjoy a walk through the butterfly preserve and enjoy the natural beauty of South Florida.
- Bluefoot Pirate Adventures– Kids will love playing pirate for a day at this attraction! Upon arriving, they’ll have their faces painted and learn a few key pirate slang words. Then it’s off for the adventure of a lifetime fighting off old Barnacle Bill. Kids receive a “loot bag” and a special certificate at the end of the adventure.
Don’t forget the beaches!
Beaches are great fun for kids and there are some awesome beaches here at Fort Lauderdale. So when you are done with all other attractions, head straight for those beautiful beaches. Our family had such a terrific time exploring the beaches!
Of course, you can’t go to Fort Lauderdale without getting some delicious ice-cream! We loved the amazing Original Ice Cream at Kilwins!
Thus there are endless attractions in Fort Lauderdale for the whole family and enjoy some fun filled times together.