This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Gulf County, Florida. All opinions are 100% mine.
Looking for a fun family vacation destination for the fall? Check out all that Gulf County, Florida has to offer! If you only think of destinations in southern Florida when you think of the Sunshine State, you’re missing out on a whole other world of fun. Located in the “panhandle” part of Florida, Gulf County looks out over the Gulf of Mexico. Did you know that the Gulf is one of the best places in the world to fish? It also leads the US in both shrimp and oyster production! Take a look at some of the other fun things you can expect to find in Gulf County on a family vacation.
Family Vacation in Gulf County, Florida
- Biking and Walking Trails: You know how much we love biking and hiking here at OurFamilyWorld. It’s one of our favorite ways to stay active! You never know what adventures you might find on the trails! Gulf County has some of the coolest places to ride and walk as a family. Take a 2.5 mile stroll along BeachWalk or get more adventurous and hit the 8-mile Loggerhead Run Bike Path. Both offer stunning views of nature along the way! You don’t even have to stick to trails to take advantage of fresh air. Ditch the car and ride your bikes around town instead!
- Cape San Blas Lighthouse – Explore a little piece of history that has held up through storms, hurricanes and high tides. While the lighthouse is a bit fragile from all the wear and tear, you can still get a peek at this gorgeous structure. Continue your historical journey and see replicas from the lighthouse by visiting the gift shop in Port St. Joe.
- Pick up a bit of Southern Charm. While your family vacation should be all about bonding and fun, there is no rule that says you can’t bond over a great find in a charming boutique! Head to Reid Avenue to pick up some fun Gulf County souvenirs! Then hit the SaltAir Farmer’s Market for some fresh produce and unique treasures you won’t find anywhere else.
- Hit the open water. Taking a boat ride is a definite must-do while visiting Gulf County. They offer tons of options. If you’re comfortable captaining your own boat, you can rent one from various locations. Prefer someone else take the helm? No problem, just check out one of the many guided tours! After your adventure, hang out at the Dockside Seafood & Raw bar to enjoy some local cuisine and watch the fishing boats come in with their haul.
- Take in an awe-inspiring sunset. Have you ever had the chance to see the sun set over the water? It’s something everyone should see at least once in their life. Gulf County has some of the most gorgeous sunsets in the world! What better way to finish up a day of adventures than by relaxing as a family on the beach, enjoying the fresh air and watching the sun go down?
Gulf County has so many things to do, you’ll want to go back again and again. Did you know that the residents of Gulf County love sharing their expertise with visitors? Check out the Gulf County Facebook page before you Come visit GCFL to get some advice! The also have a fantastic Pinterest page for more ideas! Plus, sign up for their newsletter for special offers, contests and information about upcoming events. What would you love to do on a family vacation in Gulf County?