Who doesn’t enjoy their toes in the sand and the smells and sounds of the ocean? The West Coast and Hawaii are well-known for their beautiful beaches, just like Florida. While some may believe that the West Coast is the best coast, we think that there are plenty of beaches on the East Coast that are just as lovely, if not better! If you’re looking to plan an East Coast vacation that is outside of Florida, these beach spots are sure to promise beautiful sights and plenty of relaxation. Here are 6 of the best beaches on the East Coast that aren’t in Florida!
Best Beaches on the East Coast
1. Martha’s Vineyard, MA While many don’t think of Massachusetts as a place to go for a beach vacation, Martha’s Vineyard is a prime beach for those looking to visit the northern end of the coast. There are several beaches in the town, to include soft white-sand Moshup Beach.
2. Myrtle Beach, S.C. Myrtle Beach is one of the go-to vacation spots for families. Not only can you enjoy the sand and the ocean but there are also tons of restaurants, water parks and water activities such as surfing and sailing.
3. Duck, N.C. The Outer Banks is another common family vacation location on the East Coast that provides activities for all members of the family. Duck, a small town in the Outer Banks, offers plenty of sand and privacy and is great for those looking for a serene getaway.
4. Cape May, N.J. Cape May is a beautiful town that is the southern point of the Jersey Shore. The quaint beach town is extremely charming, with Victorian homes and dozens of bed and breakfasts. The town also boasts of beautiful beaches that are definitely worthy of a vacation.
5. Rehoboth Beach, D.E. Rehoboth Beach offers plenty of sand, sun, and surf. At the beach, you can expect to see tons of dolphins. The boardwalk offers plenty of fun for the whole family as well as for adults who are looking for a beach with a lively nightlife.
6. Kiawah Island, S.C. Kiawah Island offers 10 miles of beautiful beaches along with 10,000 acres of woodlands. Here you can spend a day at the beach and a day hiking! Along with natural entertainment, you can expect to find every amenity possible on the island.
3 thoughts on “6 of the Best Beaches on the East Coast”
I’ve always wanted to go to Martha’s Vineyard and live like the other (richer) half! Ha. But seriously, it looks gorgeous!
This is a good list but there are also great beaches not even listed. Cedar Point Beach at Cedar Point in Sandusky, Ohio is a good one. Virginia Beach, VA is a great one and lots of fun. I will definitely be visiting some of these in the near future though.
Great list! I will have to keep these in mind when we go on vacation. The east coast isn’t a very far drive for us so it is always a cheaper and easier way to vacation. I would love to visit Duck in North Carolina.
what a wonderful beaches! they are all look so refreshing!!