Patricia Shultz’s bestselling travel guide 1,000 Places to See Before You Die has recently been in the form of a full-color second edition. This book includes 600 beautiful colored photographs! This edition showcase 28 new countries such as Lebanon, Croatia, Estonia, and Nicaragua with 200 additional new pages!
The book is organized into 8 regions:
- The Middle East,
- Australia, New Zeland and The Pacific Island,
- The United States of America and Canada,
- Latin America,
- The Caribbean, The Bahamas, and Bermuda.
Each region is subdivided geographically and then by Country. For each city, you will find the following information:
- Where: Distance from a city or Airport
- Visitor info: The official website of the region’s board tourism
- Useful phone numbers and web address: this is a huge asset. When you are on the road and you want some direction, the best way is to visit the web address or call.
- How: Touristic attractions, Hotels, restaurants as well as cost. The book lists different options for different budgets which can help you save money.
- Best times: this is my favorite feature. The author lists the best months to visit the city. The best time to visit Triple Creek Ranch is late July for Darby’s Strawberry festival or early September for the Ravalli Country Fair in Hamilton.
I am in total love with this book. It is very well organized and it is easy to find the information you want about the country/city you are visiting. I will be visiting New York city during this summer. It will be my first time and I am SO excited about. I am also nervous because I know that this city moves so fast and I could be lost. I opened the book at page 841: New York City and starting learning more about this wonderful place. The author listed the top attractions at first. I know that I will be visiting the Empire State Building, as well as the Statue of Liberty and Ellis Island lady. I will be also visiting the Bronx Zoo with the kids. I am sure they will love it. .At the end of each attraction, there is a phone number as well as a web address (if available) . The eating and drinking extension was pretty extensive. The author lists several restaurants and steakhouses. I was just hungry reading the different specialities! I am hooked. I am planning my next trips for the coming years.
This is a MUST read book for everyone: young and mature! I am sure history teachers will love sharing this valuable information with their students. The photos are a great addition and it will rise their interest!You can also download the app. It can be useful during your trip. Buy the book, get your passport ready and enjoy travelling. You can also win 3 copies of this amazing 1,000 Places to visit before you die.
Watch the following video about the book!
Disclosure: I was provided a review sample. Opinions are my own.