When it comes to my house, I can handle the chores, organization, the meals, pretty much everything. When it comes to my car, I am clueless. I have been driving for over 20 years and never understood those lights that pop up from time to time on the dashboard, nor how to change anything or when to change it. I have never put so much thought into it.
You can blame it on a lack of will, a helpful husband or just that it did not appeal to me. The only things I knew about my car was how to add gas and turn it on. My husband even had to add the windshield wiper fluid!. Unbelievable when you know I manage a household, a business and lots of other things. I could not manage taking car of my car.
I am not proud of this and I am not bragging about it. My behavior was totally wrong and careless. Every driving person should know about the following car care tips. I strongly believe that those tips be included in our driving lessons.
Must-Know Car Care Tips for Everyone
Thanks to Sailun Car Tires, I learned few things I am sharing with you today. I got the privilege to attend a car clinic where Sailun team was generous with their time, knowledge and my newbie questions.
But first, let me introduce the awesome Sailun Car Tires!
- Sailun is a budget friendly tire company. As a mom and a household chief, budget is important but safety is too. Sailun combines both:. They offer tires at 75% cheaper than other tire companies while maintaining high security standards.
- Also, because we never know when accidents happen or a tire gives up on us, they offer a package of warranties. They offer road hazard, quality and mileage warranty. I could not ask for more.
- Their team is a strong believer in their products, which leads to an amazing customer service. I had a glimpse of it and really enjoyed the vibe and the atmosphere at the dealer. I felt like I knew them forever, which made me at ease. I am usually uncomfortable at the mechanics for whatever reason. Maybe because I did not understand their language and terms.
- Besides all the amazing products and services Sailun Tire offers, they are strongly involved in the community and give back. They sponsor 150 Hockey teams across the countries. As a former hockey mom, it is a huge point in their favor. Hockey costs a lot of money and without those generous donations, many children would not be able to play.
Now let’s get to the car care tips! Sit tight and learn some basic skills!
- Tire rotation is important. It should be done every 6,000 km.
- Alignment of tires is important. Don’t hesitate to pay those extra dollars when you change your tires and ask your mechanics to check alignment.
- Tire pressure is super duper important. I have never checked my tire pressure in my life. If the tire does not have the appropriate pressure, it can explode. Yikes!
- You can check the recommended measures for the pressure on the driver’s door. You know this little sticker that my daughter wants to tear every time? It is important, keep it and take a look at it..
- When you hit a pothole while driving (and believe me, there are so many in my city), make sure to check your tire for a bump. Don’t ignore it and head to the nearest mechanic.
- Make sure to check your spare tire pressure. You never know when you will put it to use.
Those are really basic tips about tires! I learned also how to check my oil engine, add windshield washer fluid and check the air filter. Feel free to ask your mechanic as I find it is very important thing to know.
I also got the privilege of learning how to change a tire. That was not that hard. Of course, you need some strong hands but I now know how to put the jack, lift the car, remove the tire!
I find the above are basic car safety tips that everyone should know. Of course, there are many other things that you should probably know about your own car, like when to change the oil and what all those lights on the dashboard mean! Talk to your mechanic or the wonderful staff at Sailun to get answers to any other questions you have!
Sailun Tires Giveaway
Ready for a giveaway? Just in time for the busy travel season, Sailun Tires is giving away a set of tires! Enter below for your chance to win. Giveaway is open to Canadian residents age 18+. See “Terms & Conditions” on the widget for complete rules.
Free Set of Sailun Tires
Disclosure: I am part of the PTPA Brand Ambassador Program with Sailun Tires and I received Compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own.
24 thoughts on “Why You MUST Know These Car Care Tips & Giveaway (Canada) #SailunCarClinic”
That’s seems an awesome tool to use. Thanks for sharing.
Link exchange is nothing else except it is only placing the other person’s blog link on your
page at proper place and other person will also do same for you.
To be honest, I don’t know much about car care so thank you so much for sharing your tips.
This is amazing, thus smart tips are very helpful, I could apply your tips in my car, and this is great to be a giveaway, nice.
Really awesome and very useful tips to know from the experts themselves. Awesome giveaway too, for sure many will participate in this one.
Thank you for the awesome tips! It actually reminded me that we need to get our truck tuned up before heading out camping this summer! We just got new tires but we need to open up the hood and get it cleaned out before those long trips. :)
Great tips that I love!!!!!!!! Thank you for the giveaway and all my fingers are crossed to win this amazing prize :)
What great tips! My tire pressure light has been on for a while and I haven’t paid much attention to it. Thanks to you, I will now be dealing with it asap!
Thanks for sharing all these great tips! I try to do my best to keep up with everything with my car and it’s definitely a handful.
It’s nice that they offer both quality products and services and keep their price affordable. Tires are really important especially when you put premium to safety.
Those are some great tips. My kids (precious cargo) are always in my car so these are all important!
Great tips to know! We don’t have a car at this point, but we are hoping to move to a place the transit isnt as at your door so one will be coming! This is great to know!
OMG, luv the safety tips. A real life saver. Divine. WOW,Pick me, pick me! Your next winner!!! Show me the money!!! It would be a dream come true and means more to me than anyone else to win. Starving artist here desperately needs the new tires to get around, work and eat again. Winner, winnner. Chicken dinner. A life changing experience. Top of my bucket list. Thank you for the awesomeness, the contest, and generosity. Dear Santa: I’ve been nice. My X-Mas wish this year is to win this contest.
That is great that you learned how to change a tire. Now If i visit Montreal and have car trouble I know who I will call!! LOL. I kind of love how sturdy and tough these tires look and the tread is way better than the ones I have.
We won’t talk about me and caring for my car. It is sporadic at best–my poor baby is lucky that I manage to fill her up with gas periodically!!
These are great tips. I am not really good with cars, but I will take your tips into consideration. Thanks for sharing, and awesome giveaway! :)
I am glad that you really learned something. Every woman should know how to change a tire. And those are some great looking tires!
My husband usually handles the car stuff. I have been learning more and more because as the boys get older, we are in the car a lot with daddy and I want to be prepared.
Thank goodness for my son! I do not know much about tires, but my son fills mine and my daughter’s when they need to be done. Thanks for the car care tips!
It makes sense to include them I. Driving lessons. New drivers should know how to change a flat tire, at least know when their oil needs changing so they can take it in, and how to add windshield wiper fluid, like you I have a very helpful husband, so j don’t have to think about these things often. But definitely vital information to know.
What an awesome giveaway. I need to know more about my car without relying on others. Thanks for the safety tips!
Those are some very good tips to know, especially for me. The tires are super important when it comes to cars. You always want to make sure you have good tires, for safety reasons!
These are all great tips! I know these are all super important, especially tire pressure since it can blow out it too low putting you in a dangerous situation.
Being a girl should not be excused not to know about cars. Tire rotation and tire alignment are very important and I have just learned about them last time during my car maintenance.