t you’re very familiar with that little orange box in your fridge, freezer or baking cabinet! Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda has been helping generations of families cook and clean on a budget! Over the years, both the team at Arm & Hammer™ and their loyal fans have come up with more than 100 amazing uses for their baking soda. We’re here to share a few of our favorites! Plus, keep reading because we’re celebrating Canada’s 150th Anniversary with a fun Arm & Hammer™ giveaway!
Amazing Uses for Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda
Thank you to our partners at Church and Dwight for sharing these amazing uses!
- Baby, baby, baby. Baking soda is an all-natural cleaning product that’s gentle enough for even the tiniest baby clothes, yet effective enough for big baby odours. It can be used to treat spills on carpets, clean equipment and toys, deodorize baby bottles and diaper pails as well as freshen stuffed animals to give them a new life.
- Have you tried it in the bathroom? It helps remove the dirt and grime from bathroom tiles or no-wax floors quickly and easily. It’s also effective at cleaning shower curtains, deodorizing drains and wastebaskets, surface-safe cleaning and for septic system care.
- Not just for cooking in the kitchen. Yes, Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is a staple baking ingredient as it causes dough or batter to rise, becoming light and porous when heated, but it can also be used in the kitchen to clean lunch boxes, microwave ovens, dishes, pots and pans, recyclables, drains and garbage disposals. Did I mention it removes odours from plastic containers, polishes silver, freshens sponges and stinky sinks, refreshes tea pots, cups and mugs and works great as a fruit and vegetable scrub? It’s also a common deodorizer for fridges and freezers. Changing the box regularly (every 30 days is recommended) helps ensure optimal odour elimination.
- Don’t fret about your floors. It helps remove unsightly scuff marks without unwanted scratch marks from tile and no-wax floors. It’s also great at neutralizing common household odours and freshens stale-smelling air in your home.
- Tackles the greasiest of garages. Arm & HammerBaking Soda safely cleans your car lights, chrome, windows, tires, vinyl seats and floor mats without you having to worry about unwanted scratch marks. It’s also a great deodorizer for car interiors and camper water tanks and tackles oil and grease stains on your garage floor or driveway.
- Smelly gear no more. Use Arm & Hammer baking soda to clean and deodorize smelly sports equipment like hockey or camping gear, as well as gym bags.
- Don’t forget to take it outside. It is a must-have for your next camping trip! It’s a dish and pot scrubber, hand cleanser and deodorant, just to name a few. It also cleans your plastic and vinyl pool toys as well as lawn furniture when it’s time to bring them out for the summer and works wonders on barbecue grills.
And that’s not all!
Because of the gentle and all natural formula of Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda, it’s a popular personal hygiene product for many. It can be used as a body and facial scrub, hand cleanser and a refreshing bath soak. It also helps to fight bad breath and body odour and is great for washing hair.
For a full list of these 100 uses of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda and usage instructions, visit www.armandhammer.ca. You’ll find them under the ‘Solutions’ tab.
Arm & Hammer™ Baking Soda for a Year Giveaway
We’re offering one lucky reader the chance to win 12 boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda – one for every month of the year – in celebration of Canada’s 150thanniversary! Share your favourite baking soda secret for a chance to win!
Giveaway includes the following Arm & Hammer Baking Soda products:
- Three (3) 250g boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
- Nine (9) 500g boxes of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda
Approximate value: $20. Ends 7/5, open to Canada only, age of majority.
What are some of your favorite uses for Arm & Hammer Baking Soda? Share below!
This post is sponsored by Church & Dwight. All opinions are our own.