For over 3 months, I have been using Finish Quantum and putting it to the test as part of my Finish Revolution Ambassador Role. I am addicted to this new product line! The results are amazing! It was a Finish Revolution in my kitchen: no more scrubbing or rinsing!
A few weeks ago, I had the opportunity to assist in a webinar about dishwashing cleaning tips. The speaker, Finish’s North American dishwasher technician trainer, Diane, shared with us tips, tricks and advice about dishwasher usage and care! I have been using a dishwasher for over 15 years. I know how to use it! What new things will I learn to help me increase my dishwasher performance? I always thought that if the dishwasher does not clean well, it’s because it is getting old, needs to be replaced or repaired! Don’t you think so too? Well, I was wrong!! 80% of the time, there is nothing wrong with the dishwasher!! This is great news, it will help you save money! I was so glad I assisted in this webinar. I learned new things that I am sharing with you today, things that will help you increase your dishwasher performance, and mistakes that we make (we do make some)!!
5 Mistakes that we make using our dishwasher and how we can improve our its performance
- Nesting when stacking up the dishes: You finished your meal, you want to clean up fast to tackle the homework, bath, routine, etc. What do you do? You stack the dishes quickly in the dishwasher without much thought. I was loading 4 spoons at the time to speed up things! The spoons will sit inside each other. They come out dirty, making you mad! This is called Nesting. I was loading a bigger bowl over the other one. It will stop the water from reaching and cleaning!! Well from now on, I don’t overload my dishwasher! The technician recommends placing the more soiled dishes toward the bottom for better results.
- Store the dishwasher detergent under the sink: I know: it is easy, faster but It is the worst place as there is a lot of humidity that will reduce the cleaning performance of the detergent. Make sure to store it in a proper dry place!
- Use any kind of detergent that we find on special on the store: Using a quality detergent is key to have cleaner dishes. A quality detergent such as Finish Quantum contains the 2 cleaning agents: Enzymes and Bleach. Enzymes break down protein and starch stains such as eggs, oatmeal. If your regular cleaning agent did not take off these elements, it means it is lacking Enzymes Bleach: It will finish what the Enzymes left.
- I never used a rinse agent before my Finish Revolution: I thought it was useless!! I was wrong. Since I am using the Jet Dry, I am addicted to it! Rinse Agents lowers surface tension, allowing water to slide right off and dishes come out dry.
- I never cleaned my dishwasher: Over the time and usage, calcium will build up blocking the hole that water passes through. I started using Finish Cleaning Product and the results are amazing. The dishes come out even cleaner!!
Other interesting facts during the webinar
- You will consume 20 gallons of water per wash load if you pre-rinse dishes. This is not an eco-friendly habit!! I stopped doing that! Instead, I scrape the dishes.
- Most of the items are dishwasher safe. Check the label on the dishes! Pots and pans are dishwasher safe if they are stacked up properly and used with the right detergent
- Detergents are meant to be used with hot water. If the water tank is far away from the kitchen (let’s say in the basement), the dishwasher may not be heating properly. I am not implying that you should change your dishwasher or water tank from its regular place. Just run the tap a little until you feel hot water.
Check out 3 other tips to make your dishes cleaner! Do you use any of these tips above?
Disclosure: I am part of the Finish Blogger Program by Mom Central. I received compensation as part of my affiliation with this group. The opinions on this blog are my own