This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of BIC®. All opinions are 100% mine.
Ready for another fun act of Merry Marking with BIC Mark-It™? Last week, we showed you how to surprise your friends or co-workers with seasonal treats to kick off 30 days of BIC Merry Marking. This week, we have another fun and super easy way to spread a little holiday cheer: a midnight stroll with a candy cane twist!
Midnight Stroll BIC Merry Making Craft
- BIC Mark-It™ Midnight Navy (again, I really recommend getting their super nifty 36-pack of BIC Mark-It™ permanent markers with the handy dandy storage case.
- Candy Canes
- Green construction paper
- hole puncher
- red ribbon
- optional: miniature holiday mailboxes
How to create this Midnight Stroll BIC Merry Making Craft:
- Carefully cut your construction paper into small rectangles, about three inches wide by two inches tall. Carefully punch a hole in one of the upper corners.
- Use your BIC Mark-It™ Midnight Navy to write a fun note on the construction paper tag. Some possibilities include: “A sweet treat for a sweet neighbor,” “A midnight snack from me to you,” “Enjoy this taste of holiday cheer,” or anything else that you can think of. You can even just write “from me, to you” if you want.
- Carefully cut your red ribbon long enough to loop through the tag and around the candy cane, then tie into a bow.
- Place all your candy canes into a carrying box (or a fun seasonal mailbox!) and start your midnight stroll!
Here comes the fun part! Take a walk around your neighborhood and leave the candy cane treats on your neighbor’s doorsteps, newspaper boxes or any other convenient yet safe and legal location. You can also pick up cute little holiday mailboxes at a craft or dollar store, add other sweet treats and place them on their doorsteps. This works great if you live in a neighborhood that has a bank of mailboxes at the front of the development like I do, or if you live in an apartment building. Get creative! Also, if your neighborhood isn’t safe for midnight strolls, feel free to do it in the daytime. The point is to have fun and spread a little holiday cheer through random acts of kindness and Merry Marking!
Looking for more great ideas! Join in the fun of the Month of Merry Marking by downloading the awesome booklet filled with quick and easy holiday crafts! Along with the booklet, BIC is also offering a $1 off coupon!Go get the booklet of merry marking and a coupon to start marking! Share the booklet and nominate others to spread cheer! Last week, I nominated my mom along with my friends Kasey and Marla. This week, I’m adding Raina, Paige and Beth! Go spread some cheer, ladies!