This fun frugal fall craft post contains affiliate links.
Fall is the perfect time to start thinking about all of the bounty that nature gives us! Pumpkins, acorns, corn, gourds, and other fall offerings are perfect for decorating your home and offering a little warmth and charm. Pumpkins in particular are perfect for making your home feel the autumn spirit and reflect the warmth and coziness to come, so why not use them in your crafting? Below, you will find everything you need to know about whipping up a frugal fall craft, these simple Brown Paper Bag Pumpkins. They only cost pennies to whip up and you can make them using supplies you have around your own home. These are fun for kids and adults alike looking to get into the fall spirit, so take a look at how you can make your own!
Fall Craft: DIY Brown Paper Bag Pumpkins:
- Brown paper lunch bags
- Orange paint
- Green paint
- Rubber band
- Fine glitter, optional
- Black paint, optional
Most of these items are readily available at your local dollar store or craft store. Should you pay a visit to Hobby Lobby for any of your supplies, be sure to print off your 40% off coupon before you go to score some extra savings.
Directions for this frugal fall craft:
- To begin, rip your newspaper into shreds.
- Open up your paper lunch sack and stuff it about 1/2 way full of shredded newspaper.
- Continue to stuff and fluff the bag so the bottom looks firm.
- In the middle of the bag, begin to twist it closed. You can now add your rubber band if you would like to secure it closed.
- Fluff the bag one more time as needed to create a round and firm pumpkin shape.
- Paint the bottom half of your bag orange and allow to dry.
- On the top stem half, apply your green paint and allow to dry.
- Your bag will now resemble a perfectly plump pumpkin. Finish off the look by tying some raffia on the stem to look like some vines twisting about.
See how easy it is to create a cute and inexpensive pumpkin out of a simple paper lunch bag? This activity is great to do with children as the bag and paper material are easy for them to manipulate and paint! You can even practice your fall finger plays, poems, and songs as you work to make the crafting time extra festive. Line these pretty pumpkins up on your mantel or a family room shelf for a beautiful visual display.
If you want to add some variation to this activity, you can use black paint to create a jack-o-lantern face. You can even sprinkle some fine glitter on the paint as it is drying. Both of these ideas will add a little extra character and charm to your pumpkins and really make them individual and unique. They’re the perfect way to decorate for Halloween on a budget!
Gather your supplies and give this frugal fall craft a try. These Brown Paper Bag Pumpkins are the perfect solution to your fall decorating needs and really give you some autumn bang for your buck. Now get crafting!