Over the next few weeks, we’re going to share some awesome and easy place setting craft ideas to really make your seasonal parties and holidays shine, starting with this classy yet simple DIY fall mason jar drinking glass craft. The beauty of this project is that it’s just right for everything from Halloween bashes to Thanksgiving.
This is going to sound a little odd, but I don’t like using glasses that have huge decorations that get in my way. I feel like drinking any kind of liquid should be a relaxing experience. I don’t think it should feel like the equivalent of a fly buzzing around your face. This would just make me want to stay away from liquids which can lead to dehydration…it’s just a long horrible road. Anyways, when I was thinking about what I could do for special glasses to decorate my dinner table for fall, I came up with these beauties! Check out how easy they are to make. Don’t forget to print out the instruction card for later!
DIY Fall Mason Jar Drinking Glass
Affiliate links included below. Thank you for your support!
- Begin by cutting your pieces of burlap.
- Put the burlap around the jar to measure and make sure the length allows it to overlap.
- Whatever length it fits around the middle of the jar comfortably, remove it from the jar and pull it just a bit tighter and add your fastener to the middle of the overlapping area.
- Slip the circular burlap piece around the mason jar by starting at the bottom and pushing it up until it’s nice and tight around the middle of the jar.
- Fold your napkin and stick it in the jar so that it spills out the top like a present bag.
Don’t you just love how easy it is to whip up a bunch of these DIY fall mason jar drinking glasses? The best part? The decoration is easy to remove, so you can reuse those jars for another seasonal craft later on.
As I mentioned earlier, this craft is part of a series! We’re going to show you how to make everything you need for that gorgeous fall place setting! Come back next week for the placemat tutorial!
Have you made any neat DIY fall mason jar drinking glasses? Do you do anything special to “festive” up your autumn place settings? Share in the comments!