Soft flickering candles, bright colorful leaves and the sweet smell of sweet apples all greet you as you walk in the door. Sounds beautiful, yes? Fall is here with all of its colorful glory! I decided it is time to roll out the red carpet for fall and there is no better way to do that then starting with giving the home decor on your mantle a lift. Your mantle is the centerpiece in your living room, and with a few key decorative pieces, it will be a bright and cozy spot in your home.
I have put together two different fall mantle looks today, both of which I think are gorgeous. The first look is a look that is geared more towards a fall harvest theme. The second look is styled in an elegant look that is perfect for Thanksgiving.
Fall Harvest Mantle Decor Ideas
Affiliate links included below.
- Salvaged Wood Window Pane (Amazon) — $36.77
- Nearly Natural Harvest Wreath (Target) — $70.99
- Metal Lantern with LED Candle (Target) — $31.99
- Black Metal Candlestick (Target) — $9.99
- Pumpkin Spice Scented 3″ Pillar Candle (Target) — $4.29
- Mason Jar Candle Holder x 3 (Target) — $8.99
- Mini Decorative Pumpkins And Gourds– 24 pc (Amazon) — $17.99
- Wooden Accent Decor Bowl (Target) — $17.99
So with these looks, I am assuming you are starting with only the mantle shelf. The salvaged wood window pane is one of my favorite pieces from this look. The salvaged wood gives the frame a rustic and homey feel, but easily could be styled for other holidays and seasons. I find adding a larger piece of art or something decorative above your mantle opens up the space and makes a bigger statement.
Nighttime always seems to fall quickly during the fall, and these candles will give your mantle a warm feeling. The Mason Jar Candle Holders are beautiful and looks so chic next to that larger metal lantern. For a nod to the fall harvest, I have added a leafy wreath and some decorative pumpkins to take advantage of some of the beautiful natural elements of fall.
Elegant Fall Thanksgiving Mantle
- Aurora Mirror Set (Target) — $162.00
- Mudhut Turned Table Lamp (Target) — $44.99
- Give Thanks Vinyl Wall Decal (Amazon) — $8.95
- Rock Salt Votive Candle Holder x 4 (Target) — $16.99
- Votive Candles, 72 ct (Target) — $22.95
- Pewter Table Clock (Amazon) — $24.21
So when styling this polished look, I started with this fab Aurora Mirror set. I love how mirrors make a space look larger and they are so beautiful with candlelight. These mirrors also reflect the beautiful fall colors in yellow, orange and green. I feel that that the mirrors give a balance and calmness to the design that I really like.
The pewter table clock is absolutely adorable and looks so much more expensive than it is. That clock is a steal that gives a lot of class to this design. Finish off the look with some additional soft lighting. I also found this great “Give Thanks” vinyl wall decal that I think is a smart way to add a splash of Thanksgiving to your mantle.
So which fall mantle is your favorite? Do you prefer the mantle bursting with the fall harvest and an air of rustic chic? Or do you like the elegant fall home decor look perfect for the Thanksgiving holiday? Tell me in the comments!