Let’s talk safe DIY pregnancy beauty products, shall we? During pregnancy, your usual arsenal of DIY beauty goodies may not be the best thing for your baby. Sad, but true. Many of your favorite essential oils are best left in the cabinet until your bundle of joy arrives. Sure, some aromatherapists and DIY beauty product makers disagree, but really, do you want to chance it? Instead, take a look at some of my favorite- and incredibly easy- safe DIY pregnancy beauty products!
8 Safe DIY Pregnancy Beauty Products
When it comes to finding safe DIY pregnancy beauty products, you really don’t need to look much further than your pantry or refrigerator.
- Coffee Scrub: You may have given up your morning cup of coffee during pregnancy, but that doesn’t mean your skin can’t still reap the benefits of a good coffee scrub! Simply mix a cup of ground coffee with 1/2 cup olive oil for a refreshing scrub that may help brighten your complexion.
- DIY Makeup Remover: Skip the harsh acne facial cleansers and wipe off your makeup with a cotton ball soaked in extra-virgin olive oil. If you want to kick it up a notch, Michelle Phan recommends adding aloe vera to the mix.
- Coconut Oil Hair Treatment: Coconut oil is pretty much the best of the DIY pregnancy beauty products because it’s so incredibly versatile. One thing that it’s perfect for: deep conditioning your hair. Simply scoop it out of the jar and rub it into your mane. Coat those strands! Let it sit for about 15 minutes, then rinse thoroughly.
- Brighten up with Lemons. Head over to The Beauty Department for an insanely easy DIY Lemon Scrub that will truly lighten your mood! Lemons are fantastic for brightening up dull skin.
- Skin-silkening bath soak: One of my all-time favorite safe DIY pregnancy beauty products is something I came up with all by myself. That’s not to say it’s entirely original, but at the time I thought it was! Mix one cup of course sea salt with one cup of powdered milk. I added essential oils when I wasn’t pregnant, but those two ingredients alone are enough to really make your skin silky when added to your bath water!
- Oatmeal Face Mask: Mix 1/2 cup of cooked (and cooled!) oatmeal a tablespoon of your favorite oil. Apply it to your face and let it dry, then rinse it off. Oatmeal is particularly soothing to itchy, dry skin.
- Go bananas! Bananas are fantastic for creating skin masks. Mash one up and add a bit of honey until it’s the right consistency, then spread it on your face! Let it sit for about ten minutes, then rinse. You can also do this with mangoes and avocados! Pretty much any fruit that you can mash can go on your face.
- Stretch mark treatments: Worried about stretch marks? Two safe DIY pregnancy beauty products come to mind right away. The first, and obvious, is cocoa butter. Rather than buying it in the beauty section already mixed with preservatives, though, just grab a tub of it from the grocery section! Keep it refrigerated and spread it over your belly. Sesame oil is another fantastic stretch mark treatment.
These are just a few of my favorite safe DIY pregnancy beauty products! Feel free to get creative and look at the items in your kitchen in a whole new light. If you can ingest it during pregnancy, chances are you can put it on your skin or in your hair!
Do you have any favorite safe DIY pregnancy beauty products? Share them in the comments!