If you use any type of social media, surely you’ve seen your share of pregnancy announcements. From chalkboard signs to announcements using ultrasounds, there are endless ways to announce the future arrival of a baby. Everyone wants to share the special news in a unique way and while unique is good, some people’s idea of standing out from the crowd is taken a little too far. Sometimes new parents-to-be get a little overly creative and the end result is a confusing pregnancy announcement. Here are 5 failed and super awkward pregnancy announcements that you won’t want to use.
5 Awkward Pregnancy Announcements to Avoid
1. The “we aren’t ready image” We’re all in agreement that baby announcement photos should be full of smiles and happiness. However, some couples take pictures where dad-to-be or even mom-to-be look less than thrilled to be expecting. As funny as these pictures can be, we prefer smiling pictures with two blushing future-parents!
2. The “guess who is pregnant photo” We get it, most men have bellies due to too much beer, too much food, or both. However, if you are planning to announce your pregnancy by showing off your man’s belly, we suggest finding another route! Your family and friends really do not want to see your boyfriend or husband’s balloon-shaped stomach. Just show us your growing bump instead!
3. Using food to announce the news Using Prego sauce to announce your wedding or eating a plate full of food while dad-to-be eats scraps was cute years ago. These images are so overdone and overused. The creativity and uniqueness has definitely worn off. Skip this one
4. Posting pictures of your pregnancy test We get it, the positive pregnancy test is the bearer of good news; however, people on social media really don’t want to see it! Not only is this method lacking in creativity, there’s just something odd about looking at a pee stick!
5. Painted bumps or painted people When done properly, and by a skilled artist, a painted baby bump can look beautiful! However, we have seen a few bumps that look like they were painted by a 5-year-old. Also, if you’re going this route, please only paint your bump! Don’t paint your entire body and for the love of our sanity please don’t paint and include the baby’s father in the picture too. That is just too much!
Okay, so if done right, some of these could actually come out cute. Honestly, it’s all a matter of personal taste. What is awkward to me might be the ultimate pregnancy announcement to someone else!