This post is brought to you by Vello. All opinions are our own.
Ever wish you could get all your family and friends together to send awesome video greeting cards but find it difficult when everyone lives so far away? Vello found a way to solve this problem! The new video greeting card app is brought to you by the geniuses behind CardSwap, the service that lets you save money on gift cards to all the major retailers and sell the cards you don’t really want.
Video Greeting Cards Made Easy with Vello
We used Vello to record a personal greeting for all of our readers! Olfa is in Quebec, Canada and I’m in Pennsylvania in the US, so it’s not exactly easy for us to get together to record a message. We were so excited to give Vello a try and record our first ever holiday video greeting card for OurFamilyWorld. Check it out!
It was so easy to do my part! Here’s how it went:
- Download and install the app from the App Store.
- Start up the app and create an account. You can use Facebook, Twitter or your email to sign up. Since I was on a friend’s phone, I used email.
- Select a new video recording if you’re starting the project. If you’re adding a message to another project, just enter the code you’re given in your invite!
- You can practice before you do the real recording. I love this feature because I tend to freeze up the moment the camera starts rolling. Practicing gave me a chance to figure out what I wanted to say.
- When you’re ready, you just hold the record button and start talking!
- After you’re done, you can invite friends or send it to the recipient. You can even send it to them through Facebook! I had my video sent to myself so I could check it out. It came out great! Plus, it gives the recipient a code so they can invite people to add on to the video.
Oh, and guess what? Your recipient doesn’t have to have an iPhone! While you’ll need it to do the video, recipients can view your greeting card online.
Olfa’s note: Nikki sent me the invite code and I was eager to try Vello! It’s quite exciting because Nikki and I do not see each other often! We communicate via email a lot and chat! I was happy to watch her greeting and mine!
- I opened the app (Option: select a video).
- I entered the code
- I recorded my greeting! As easy as that! Since my daughter was jumping around, the first greeting was not great! I could easily erase it and repeat! I even used the option Practice first. I usually don’t like practicing!
- I sent the greeting to my husband
Send gift cards with your video greeting cards
One of the coolest features of Vello, aside from how easy it is to create video greeting cards, is that each participant has the choice to add on an e-gift card for the recipient! You can choose from over 100 of the biggest retailers! Vello will send the e-gift cards along with your message. Imagine how exciting it will be for the recipient to not only get beautiful personal messages from everyone in her life, but also a slew of awesome gift cards that she can use to pamper herself with!
Vello is such an amazing way to bring everyone together during the holidays. Maybe you want to surprise your grandmother with a special greeting from her grand-kids that are scattered across the globe! Or perhaps you want to commemorate a special wedding anniversary by sending personal greetings from the recipients’ wedding party. These days, everyone lives so far apart that it can be almost impossible to plan a time when everyone can get together. Vello takes that challenge out of the project, leaving you free to just share your message.
Support Toronto’s Daily Bread Food Bank and HoHoTo
Want to help support Toronto’s Daily Bread Food Bank and get a chance to win 25,000 Aeroplan miles? Just film a video using the VELLO app answering this question: “Where would you go with 25,000 Aeroplan miles?” Record their contest entries and make donations to the Daily Bread Food Bank by downloading the app from the iTunes App Store and entering the Vello Code: HOHOTO. Each message is worth one ballot, with an additional entry for every dollar donated.
$50 CardSwap Credit Giveaway
Want a chance to win a $50 credit to CardSwap so you can get yourself something you really want after the holidays? Enter below! Open to Canada only, ages 18+. Giveaway ends 12/27.