VTech Safe & Sound Full Color Video and Audio Baby Monitor
VTech is the maker of many products, but for me, the most important product at this time is their VTech Safe & Sound Video and Audio Baby Monitor System! With baby #3 arriving in three weeks, I have been trying to figure out how to monitor two rooms with one system. Not many baby monitor systems allow this. My second son is only 19 months old so I still have a baby monitor in his room if he wakes in the middle of the night.
My biggest worry as a new mom, even after having two babies already, is making sure they are safe when they are sleeping in their bed alone. Even with the audio baby monitor that we used with our two boys, I used to get up many times in the middle of the night because I couldn’t hear them or see without going into the room. I love how I can just view the baby on the screen so I know she is safe instead of getting up and hoping that I don’t wake her by checking on her in her room!
Features VTech Safe & Sound Video and Audio Baby Monitor System
- Six level sound indicator.
- Vibrating Sound Alert – The vibration feature silently notifies you if there is sound coming from the babies room.
- Temperature Sensor – The parent unit of this VTech baby monitor has a temperature display in the upper left corner so you can ensure baby has comfortable sleeping conditions.
- Talk-Back Intercom System – You can communicate with your baby from the parent unit. You can soothe your baby from another room or if you are outdoors.
- Polyphonic Lullabies – The camera unit of the VTech Safe & Sound Baby Monitor plays 5 different lullabies.
- Camera Battery Compartment – Add four AA batteries (not included) to the camera for up to 4.5 hours of video streaming.
- Zoom and adjust the camera from the parent unit.
- Night Viewing – 8 infrared LEDs automatically sense the lighting condition, providing full video viewing in dark rooms.
- Split screen capability – This system supports up to four cameras to be viewed from one Parent Unit. Viewing modes include Single View and Quad View Split Screen.
- High Resolution 2.8″ Color LCD – You can easily view your baby (or babies) from the 320×240 full color display.
- Full Motion Video – Up to 22 frames per second of full color, dynamic frame rate video provides excellent viewing of all the action in the baby’s room.
- Rechargeable battery with low battery alert in parent unit. The camera unit and parent unit also come with adapters to plug into the wall. You can insert batteries as well.
- Wall Mount Bracket – You can safely view your baby from a fixed location. The bracket includes a cord management system for storing excess power cord and it also allows you to swivel, tilt and zoom the camera for the ideal view.
- Extended Range – You can view up to 1,000 feet of range with this baby monitor, which allows you to feel safe and connected to your child while you go about your day.
- Digital Transmission – This 2.4GHz Frequency Hopping Digital Spread Spectrum system digitally transmits both the audio and video signals. No annoying white noise sound; you only hear the sounds coming from your baby. All transmissions are encrypted for your privacy and security.
- Expandable to 4 Cameras – For families with more than one child to monitor, this tech system can expand to four total cameras. Extra cameras (VM301) are sold separately.
My review of the VTech Safe & Sound baby monitor
I had set up the camera in the baby’s room and then moved it into my 19 month old toddler’s room so I could monitor him during the night! I was surprised to see that my son sits in his bed for over an hour before he actually falls asleep. It was so funny to watch him at night because I had no clue what he did after I put him in his bed. He never makes a peep so I always thought he was sleeping!
Here are some pictures of the baby monitor system I received set up in the baby’s room:
This is the view from the parent unit, I had set the camera up in the baby’s room and then adjusted the angle from the parent unit and was able to zoom in too.
You can see the LED lights as I stood in front of the camera and it detected a change in the lighting in the room. The gray part is the camera and that can either be adjusted from the camera unit or the parent unit.
Here is the view from the room and where the baby will be sleeping:
Here is the view from the parent unit when I shut the door and turn off the lights in the room:
My 6-year-old went into the room after I set up the baby monitor system and was singing to test out the sound aspect of it. There are little lights on the top of the unit that show the loudness of sound as well, and I really like that feature as I tend to wake up if I see lights moving. With a combination of the video, audio and lights I know I’ll be able to fully monitor my baby girl and feel confident that she is safe in her bed.
Here are some pictures of my 19 month old when I moved the camera in his room:
He is playing in his room and I am able to adjust the camera to watch him and make sure he doesn’t get into any trouble.
Here is the view of his room from where the camera is positioned. As I mentioned before, I am able to zoom in and out as well as move the camera from side to side for the best results from my parent unit.
Sitting in his bed instead of sleeping!
When he is sleeping, he was moving a bit and I could see that on the camera too. Now that I have tried it in his room, we are going to order another camera to put in the baby’s room so I can monitor both of them on a split screen. Extra cameras retail for $49.99 and you can buy it (along with other accessories).
The only thing I wish I had was an audio monitor to put downstairs so I can at least hear the baby’s room when she is napping, not sure if this system would be compatible to add one of the audio monitors with it but that would be great so I don’t have to remember to unplug the parent unit every time I go up and down stairs!
This is truly a wonderful baby monitor system and I have yet to find one even remotely comparable to it with even half of the features this one has. I absolutely love that I can use the parent unit to talk to the baby and soothe her from another room and how it shows the room temperature so I know she is comfortable. I am really happy and I know I will have peace of mind using this system when she arrives.
How to Buy:
You can purchase the VTech Communications Safe & Sounds Full Color Video and Audio Monitor for only $129.99 (1 camera included) and they also offer units with more than one camera (up to four) as well.
Disclosure: VTech safe & sound full color video was received to faciliate the review. No monetary compensation was received.