I am always worried about the health of my kids! I make sure they eat healthy, sleep well, go to their doctor’s appointments and exercise! But I always forget to take care of myself…until last spring when I got the Shingles disease. It was painful. I had to take strong painkillers (really strong). I couldn’t take care of my kids. I couldn’t supervise the homework, cook healthy meals! It was my husband and my son who took care of me! I was frustrated! This when I understood: it is great to take care of the others but you need to stay healthy to do so. You need to take care of yourself to keep going! This is when I realized that my health was important to keep the family going. So I implemented a health routine for myself!
My Healthy Routine
- Get Enough sleep: I used to sleep late and wake up early! I barely had 5 hours sleep. I started sleeping earlier! Even if I am not sleepy, I go to bed earlier! I watch my favorite show or read a magazine. I also take short naps during the weekend. I call them: Power Nap. 20 minutes can boost your energy level and rejuvenate you.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables: Even if I make sure that my kids took their daily portions, I didn’t do the same. I made sure to include fruits and vegetables in every meals! I prepared those delicious blueberry crepe recipes for breakfast! and those refreshing summer salads for lunch and dinner!
- Exercise on a regular basis: As a busy parent, I always complain that I didn’t have the time to exercise! I started slowly: walking 20 minutes after lunch and biking with the kids after dinner. Exercising as a family is a win/win situation: you have a great family time and you take care of yourself.
- Me time: Every day, I make sure to relax for 10 minutes during the day! Reading my newspaper while drinking my tea, gardening or just sitting in the couch! 10 minutes a day!
- Take vitamins: My doctor suggested I take vitamins, but I was reluctant. I cannot swallow pills! Then,I stumbled on Adult Essential vitamins. These gummy vitamins are so easy to take- they’re chewable, delicious and so healthy. I have been taking them for 2 months. I feel that my energy level has improved! I don’t know how to qualify it: I feel just good and relaxed. I am a proud to be an ambassador of Adult Essentials vitamins. Connect with Adult Essentials on Facebook and Twitter, to learn more about their line of products.
How about you? What are your tips to stay healthy and keep going in this fast paced world?
Disclosure: I am participating in the Adult Essentials Blogger Outreach Program by ShesConnected. I received a supply of vitamins and compensation in exchange for my participation in this campaign. The opinions on this blog are my own.