This post is brought to you by Thin Stix. All opinions are our own.
Creativity and messiness seemed to go hand in hand. Breaking out the paints meant breaking out the smock to cover your kid, the plastic to line the floor and the water to clean it all up. If you were really lucky, the mess would stay contained to the massive area you prepared. I was rarely that lucky. Somehow, despite careful preparations, paint still ended up in the weirdest places…like on the family dog!
Last year, we told you all about Kwik Stix and how they let kids get creative on the go without all the mess. This year, we have even better news for kids and adults alike! Kwik Stix introduced a brand new product called Thin Stix! They’re taller and thinner than the Original Kwik Stix, giving you more control over your project. To celebrate, I’m sharing a few of my favorite ideas for how you can use Thin Stix in creative art projects! Let’s check them out, then keep reading to see how you can win a set of Thin Stix for your own projects!
Creative Ways to Use Thin Stix
Since Thin Stix are taller and thinner, they let you paint with finer detail. They’re AP certified, meaning they are non-toxic and safe for kids of all ages. Check out the video demo, then we’ll talk about a few fun ways to use them!
- Decorate Wood: Thin Stix are perfect for decorating those wooden art stick crafts that your kids create. Another really cool idea: use them to elevate an old flea market find to a whole new level. Stencil a design on a dated wooden dresser or end table, for example!
- Personalize a canvas print: Here’s a fun way to create a really meaningful gift for grandma. Print out a picture of your child on a sheet of canvas (you can actually buy it for your printer, or you can have a print made), but make sure to leave a few inches around the outside. Then cover the picture with plastic and secure it with some masking tape. Next, let your kids paint a “frame” around the perimeter.
- Giant Poster Paper Family Tree: Make a giant family tree for your kids using poster paper, Thin Stix and small photos of your family members. As you create it together, share memories or fun facts about each relative to help your child get to know them better.
- Cardboard box cat condo: Cats and kids love boxes! Combine the two loves into one and let your kids create the ultimate kitty condo. Have your children go nuts with the decorating. When they’re done, just cut out holes for your cat, line then up and use those little paper clamps to hold them together!
- Mixed Media Playhouse: If you have a huge cardboard box, a little extra time and an incredibly creative child, you can make a pretty cool mixed media playhouse! Use the box as the house itself (there are tons of tutorials on YouTube for different cardboard box playhouses). Roll out some craft paper to decorate wallpaper for inside and wooden dowels or craft sticks to make windows. Add a few small canvas paintings to personalize it, and voila! Thin Stix dry in 90 seconds, so your kids don’t have to wait long to move into their new home!
These are just a few fun ways to use Thin Stix in creative art projects. The possibilities are really only as limited as your imagination. When you’re done creative, just put them back in their box. Cleanup is convenient and easy.
Thin Stix are available in a 24 pack that includes 12 assorted, 6 neon, & 6 metalix colors; a 12 pack of assorted colors and 6 packs of each type of color. Visit their website to learn more about all these fun products and purchase them for your family. Follow The Pencil Grip, Inc. on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with news, and on Pinterest for inspiration!
THIN STIX COUPON ALERT
Save 15% off your purchase at ThePencilGrip.com by using the code YOUWIN15 now through May 27, 2017!
THIN STIX GIVEAWAY
Enter below for a chance to win one of three great Thin Stix prizes!
- One winner will receive a 24 Pack of Thin Stix
- One winner will receive a 12 Pack of Thin Stix
- One winner will receive a 6 Pack of Thin Stix (Primary Colors)
The giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and up. It ends on March 1st 2017 at 11.59 pm EST. The winner will be notified by email. Good luck!
What creative art projects would you do with Thin Stix? Share in the comments!
52 thoughts on “5 Fun Ways to Use Thin Stix in Your Creative Art Projects + Giveaway”
I like them all! We have never tried them. If I had to pick I would pick the 24 colors of the classic, metallic and neon. Thanks!
I like the 24 colors of the classic metalix and neon. Rosanne
I’d like to have the 24 Pack of Thin Stix classic, neon, and metallic.
Id like to try the 24 pack of thin stix – we have the original type and they are awesome!!!
Thin Stix Neons 6pk would be really fun to use or the Thin Stix Creativity Pack.
I love the 24 set with the neon colors.
I love the big 24 color set
I would draw spring pictures with my grand kids
I love the big 24 color set. My daughter and I could have loads of fun!
I like the 24 Pack of Thin Stix – classic, neon, and metallic.
I would love the 24 Pack of Thin Stix – classic, neon, and metallic.
My nieces would love the 24 stix set with neon and metallix.
I would give these to my oldest friend who recently had to have her leg amputated. She is recuperating in an assisted living home and she used to love to draw and paint. She recently started coloring in the adult coloring books and I believe she would love these pens. Thanks for having this awesome giveaway!
I would love to have any of them, but the metallix ones would be my favorite.
My daughter really loves the metallic set the best. The more shiny the better for her.
I like the solid tempera paint ones!
I like the metallic ones the best. They would all be fun to use though.
I love the metallics! Thanks so much for the chances to win.
I like them all but love the Kwik Stix Metalix. My grandkids would enjoy creating beautiful artwork to add to my refrigerator.
My favorite would be the metallic set. My daughter would love to use these.
My favorite set is the 24 Pack of Thin Stix.
I Love the Classic thin stix paint pens, would love to win for my Granddaughter.
My kids and I would make all sorts of craft projects. Maybe some flowers for spring!
I would love the paint thin stix!
Oh they all look so fun, I really love the neon colors!
The metallic ones are my favorites!
We would create all kinds of things. My son would love this!
I love these.can work on my daily projects with these
I would love the 24 set with the neon colors! Thank you!
The 24 pack would be my choice.
I like the 24 set with the metallic and neon colors!
I like the metallic colors.
My granddaughter would enjoy these!
I like the metallic colors.
I like the Kwik Stix Metalix.
I like the Kwik Stix Tempura painting kit in neon colors!
I wou l d use these to have more arts and crafts time with my son
I like the 12 pack thin stix.
the Thin Stix Kwik Stiks would be my pick
My daughter would love this set and anything arts and crafts! I am so going to get this for her!
I know this is for kids, but I want it for myself. I love art projects and the pencils, pens and paints to do them with. I would love to have these for me.
I had never heard of these before. My kids are super crafty and love getting new things to craft with. I’ll have to check them out!
My nephew would enjoy using the Thin Stix Kwik Stiks
These look like neat craft tools for kids.
I will have to check into these for my niece – she loves crafting.
These sound so fun! I love these ideas and I’m certain that my kids will love it!
Cool! I have never heard of these before! But I definitely want some! My daughter would have a lot of fun with these!
These are awesome,im just getting into art since I retired so I don’t have a lot of supplies yet,I’d love to have these
My kids always loved to paint but it can be so messy. These would have been perfect for them.
That’s a great giveaway. My son would love these for his drawing videos.
I want to get these for my kids. I bet there is a ton of stuff they would use them for.