I had the pleasure of reviewing this life-like doll Lil’ Hugs. Even in today’s technologically advanced society, there is still room in a little girl’s heart for an adorable baby doll. I was immediately impressed by the fact that there were dolls representing all ethnic groups. I think it is really important for kids to be able to relate to the toy they are playing with. So I was already pleased before it even arrived at my doorstep. The icing on the cake was when my two-year old Hailey actually saw it. I could not get the toy out of the package fast enough for Hailey. As I was opening the package all I could hear was a little voice saying “Give, Give, Give.” However, when Hailey got that doll in her hands it was truly love at first sight.
The doll is so life-like that we sometimes pretend the doll is Hailey. When Hailey is trying to go to sleep, I put her Lil’ Hugs in her face and go Mommy, Mommy, Mommy like she does. Hailey just giggles. When we put Lil’ Hugs away, we tell Hailey that it is going to sleep. I must warn you that you will have a hard time taking it away from your daughter. This will make an excellent gift at any time. This will keep your kid occupied for a little while at least.
Even though my daughter is a toddler, this toy is also appropriate for smaller babies. Children as young as six months old can play with it. The rattle and crackle sounds this doll makes helps develop a child’s sense of sight, hearing and touch. So essentially, the child is learning while she is playing.
Here are some specific product details about Lil’ Hugs
- It measures 12 inches tall. It is 12.8 ounces and it is a soft doll. You don’t have to worry about your daughter hitting herself or another child upside the head and causing a concussion. It comes with a rattle.
- The recommended ages : From six months to 15 years. Yep, even your older girls will have fun playing with it
- Price rangers from $12.99 to $59.99 so there is something for every budget. You can choose from a wide range: collector ones, speciality and more.
Where to buy : Check JC Toys website or Amazon
According to the JC Toys website, doll sculptor Salvador Berenguer, comes from a family that has been designing dolls for more than 40 years. You can be sure that your doll has been sculpted with care.
Giveaway: Win a JC Toy Doll from the selection below
- Lil’ Hugs
- Lil’ Cutesies Play
- Mini La Newborn (real girls or boys – anatomically correct)
- La Newborn
- Lil’ Cutesies
- Lots to Cuddle
Main Entry: Leave a comment telling us which one you want to choose. For details, you can check JC Toys website.
- Open to US only.
- Ends 2012-07-05
- Fill in the form below. Good luck.
Disclosure: an item was provided to facilitate the review. No monetary compensation was received.