Ever heard of Bookadoo? I have to admit that I’d never heard of it until I was recently asked to do a review for them. My first contact with this fun brand of books was soon met with excitement. After browsing the site and laughing at some of the wilder Adult book and magazine mock-ups, I went over to look at the Potty Hero book in the Children’s Book section. These books have a host of features to please even the toughest people to buy gifts for. Yes, it even pleased a toddler that’s in the full tantrums and tornadoes mode of the terrible two’s.
Bookadoo’s come in hilarious magazines and unique children’s books. But what makes it exceptional? Not only textual personalization characterizes a Bookadoo, but your picture is embedded in each and every page of the book too. In the Funny Magazines you will be reinvented in a personalized glossy by utilizing your picture in both its editorials and advertisements.
It’s more than just pasting a picture. We studiously clip your head from the picture and embed it on the model in the book. This way you will not only recognize yourself, friend, partner or child, the subject becomes the centre of attention in this story. A truly wonderful gift for an adult who already has all it desires and a unique children’s book that will be read over and over again . All that’s required is a proper picture of the future leading role. (Quoted from the ABOUT section of their website.)
What did I like about the Bookadoo ordering experience?
- They gave clear guidelines on what type of picture to upload. Note: The best pictures are ones with your child’s hair off their shoulder’s or up in a pony tail. Since my daughter WILL NOT allow any clips or ties in her hair, I had to choose an older picture where she had shorter hair. My picture was then expertly cropped and used to make the personalized story for my Princess Destructo.
- Another great feature is being able to write a personal message as a foreword just like real books from mass production. I wrote a few words of encouragement to my daughter. We have had two false starts to potty training, so I hoped this book would spark more interest.
- Bookadoo then gives you a chance to see your order before finalizing it. After previewing my order I was glad to have a chance to go back and fix a misspelled word.
- Below is a screen shot of my order!
- The book came within 10 days after ordering, even with the Christmas holiday closures holding up the postal services a bit. I gave this book to my Potty Hero! girl as a late Christmas present. She was thrilled to see her face on a real book and instantly recognized her name on the cover and mentioned in all of the pages. “Read to me mommy!” is a daily request and Potty Hero! has been on top of the must-read list.
- Now we’ve had the book for 2 weeks and Princess Destructo has begun to read it out loud with me. And she points out her name as we read this cute little story. This book is a special way to reward your Potty Hero! boy or girl, as way to introduce potty training or celebrate the milestone when accomplished. A personalized book also builds literacy skills while teaching name recognition.
Here is a little more information about the Potty Hero! book I ordered.
- A 20 page book with a retail price of $29.95.
- Can be customized for a boy or girl.
- Unique photo personalized magazines. Fun to give, fun to get. Click to view
- Has a fun story that will feature your child’s face/head in a series of poses and settings.
- Personalize it with your child’s name and a foreword from you.
*I received a complimentary book for the purpose of writing this review. Opinions remain honest and my own.