This post brought to you by Fellowes . All opinions are 100% mine.
Remember a couple of weeks ago, we talked about the not-so-top-secret secrets to preventing colds & the flu? To refresh your memory, we talked about the 4-step process, which included: washing your hands, cleaning with sanitizing products, inquiring about the flu shot and using a great air purifier to keep nasty germs from floating around your home.
If you recall, I told you how excited I was to try out the Fellowes AeraMax™ DX-55 air purifier. Well, it arrived shortly after that post and I’ve been using it for about two weeks now. I feel this has given me a good chance to see it in action, so I’m ready to tell you all about it!
Fellowes AeraMax™ DX55 Air Purifier: Cleaning Your Air in Style
The first thing you’ll notice about the Fellowes AeraMax™ DX55 Air Purifier is its sleek, beautiful design. My son Jacob and I think it looks a bit like EVE from WALL-E, except more squarish. My old air purifier was huge, round and bulky. I stubbed my toe on it a lot. The AeraMax™ is totally unintrusive in the room. I have yet to stub my toe on it!
Of course, even the sleekest design is meaningless if the machine doesn’t work, right? So let’s talk about the important stuff. Take a look at my favorite features of the Fellowes AeraMax™ DX55 Air Purifier:
- Easy set up. It took less than five minutes to take the air purifier out of the box and set it up. Really, all you need to do is take the plastic off the filter and pop it back in.
- It’s super quiet. So quiet that, for the first few days, I had to keep checking to make sure it was running! I thought maybe I forgot to switch it on. The higher the setting, the louder it gets. Still, at max setting it’s only about as loud as a small fan.
- The LED display is easy to see and read, even in the dark. The buttons are also pretty intuitive, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time reading a manual.
- AeraSmart Sensor: Automatically senses when the air is getting a bit grungy and bumps itself up to a stronger setting.
- Energy Star-Certified. This is super important to me. I’m trying to cut down on my electric bill something fierce here.
As far as how well it works, it’s not like I counted the germs in my air before using it and again after, so I can’t say how it works on that front. I suffer from year-round allergies related to dust though, and I can say that I’ve felt a lot less sniffly since using the AeraMax. I’ve been on the verge of a cold for over a week, but it seems to be staying “on the verge,” which is good enough for me! Honestly, no one can tell you “it cleaned my air perfectly” because how do we know? We have to trust the technology. I trust Fellowes. Always have. So if they say it’s cleaning the air, and I notice less sniffling, that’s enough to convince me!
The Fellowes AeraMax DX55 starts at $189.99 at BestBuy.com, so head over there and check it out!