This post is brought to you by Arm & Hammer™ Clump & Seal™ Complete Odour Sealing Clumping Litter. All opinions are our own.
As someone with both cats and dogs (and guinea pigs and a parrot!), I can tell you that cats bring a special kind of love into your life that is unlike that of any other pet. Where my dogs are constantly by my side, my cats are content to do their own thing. At night, though, while my dogs are sleeping like, well, dogs, my cats are entertaining us with their crazy antics! Pets deserve Valentine’s Day love too. After all, there are so many benefits to having pets, so we should give them some fringe benefits in return!
Check out these 5 easy, inexpensive ways to love your cat
Showing how much you love your cat doesn’t have to be expensive! In fact, while cats are often finicky about their food, they’re pretty easy-going when it comes to entertainment! Here are a few easy ideas to get you started:
- String! Honestly, you could just grab a bit of yarn and spend hours entertaining your cat with it, but why not take it a step further? Tie some feathers, a toy mouse or other enticing objects to the end of the yarn and watch your cats race around as you pull it along.
- Baby toys. When my son was a baby, he had a bunch of balls that went into this big dinosaur’s mouth. At night, we’d often hear the cats playing with his toys. When my son outgrew the toys, they become sole property of the kitties! The great thing about baby toys: they’re big enough to prevent choking hazards.
- Catnip. Cats absolutely love catnip! Guess what? You can easily grow it indoors any time of the year. It’s super inexpensive-less than a few dollars for a plant- and hard to kill. Trust me, I have the “black thumb of death” when it comes to plants and even I can keep catnip alive. The hardest part? Keeping kitty from eating it all before it grows!
- Cardboard box condo. Forget the expensive “cat condos” in stores, you can make your own for free with cardboard boxes. Any cat owner knows that the moment you empty a box, your cat is in it! Stack boxes and make holes for them to climb through. Add a comfy blanket and you’re good to go.
- “Heated” bed. Show how much you love your cat by making a “heated” cat bed for them. Just fill a pillow case with uncooked white rice. Sew the open end shut. Warm it in the microwave for about a minute (make sure it’s not too hot!) then plop it down in front of your cat. She’ll get the hint pretty quick.
Love Your Cat for less with Arm & Hammer™ Clump & Seal™ Complete Odour Sealing Clumping Litter
A great way to show how much you love your cat is by keeping their litter boxes clean and odour-free. Cats do not like to go in gross litter boxes any more than we like using disgusting bathrooms. Arm & Hammer has always been my favorite cat litter. First, it does a fantastic job of controlling odour. Second, it costs less than other name brand litters, at least in my experience!
Now, Arm & Hammer™ offers a brand-new revolutionary litter-Clump & Seal™ Complete Odour Sealing Clumping Litter. What makes it so revolutionary? It first seals and then completely obliterates odours, keeping your little box odour-free for a full 7 days…guaranteed! You just need to make sure you’re removing those clumps daily, Arm & Hammer does the rest. Arm & Hammer™ Clump & Seal™ Complete Odour Sealing Clumping Litter is now available in the pet aisle of your favorite major retailers!
How do you show how much you love your cat? A special treat? A new toy? We’d love to hear from you!