In Canada, the last Wednesday of February is known as Anti-Bullying Day, as well as Pink Shirt Day. Our Family World is very passionate about putting an end to the bullying epidemic plaguing our children. Rather than dedicate one day, we’ve declared this February to be “Bullying Awareness Month” on the site. Technically, that month takes place in October world-wide, but one special month a year just isn’t enough. Bullying has such a major impact on a child’s self-esteem and emotional well-being, and it need to be discussed regularly so that it remains in the front of our minds.
Bullying Awareness Month Features
Expect to see many informative and touching articles throughout our special Bullying Awareness Month, including:
- An interview with rising pop music star, Spencer Kane
- How to avoid raising a bully
- Quotes about bullying that you can pin and share with friends to help spread the word
- A memorial to the victims of bullying who were unable to get help before it was too late
- Tips to empower your child in front of a bully
- What to do when the bully is an adult
- Special Bullying Awareness Month Tweet Chat
- and much more.
What you can do to help
Putting an end to bullying is a major task. While one person can certainly make a huge difference, it takes everyone getting involved to really get the word out. It doesn’t take much to help. Throughout the month, we’d love it if you could:
- retweet our anti-bullying tweets
- pin our graphics to help spread the word on Pinterest
- share our posts with your friends and family
- join us in our special Anti-bullying tweet chat (date and time to be announced)
What would you like to see featured during our Bullying Awareness Month? Let us know if there is something in particular you would like us to cover, and we will do our best to make sure its included.