What do you get a new papa for the holidays? Check out our top 10 Christmas gift ideas for first time dads! Which is your favorite?
Once a man becomes a dad for the first time, there is no doubt that their life has been changed forever. These days, men are just as involved as bringing up their kids as women are, yet it seems that new moms are the ones who are showered in gifts. It is important to get new dads in on the action as well. Here are some great Christmas gift ideas for new dads.
Christmas Gift Ideas for First Time Dads
Affiliate links included below. If you make a purchase through these links, we earn a small commission at no extra charge to you. Thank you for your support!
- The New Father: A Dad’s Guide to the First Year– This helpful book, written by Armin A. Brott, is complete with cartoon illustrations new dads will enjoy. The 288-page book will help new dads survive their first year of baby-rearing. It covers issues like how to soothe a crying baby and how to choose quality child care.
- The New Dad’s Survival Guide– The New Dad’s Survival Guide: Man-to-Man Advice for First Time Fathers, by Scott Mactavish, is a 132-page book that covers an array of basic parenting skills to help new dads along in their journey, as told from a man’s point of view.
- Dad’s Playbook– Dad’s Playbook: Wisdom for Fathers from the Greatest Coaches of All Time, by Tom Limbert, is a 120-page hardcover book, which features over 100 inspiring quotes for dads, from some of the top coaches in history, including John Madden, Tommy Lasorda and Vince Lombardi.
- Daddy’s Diaper Duty Apron– This hilarious gift is a must-have for first time dads. While this apron may appear to be a sort of gag gift, it does feature useful products for new dads to tackle diaper duty, including a face mask and rubber gloves.
- Itzbeen Baby Care Timer– New dads have a ton of things to try and remember, but this device will make this task much easier. Dads can set a time to let him know when it’s time to change the baby’s diaper, feed the baby or put the baby down for a nap.
- New Dad Coffee Mug– Most first-time dads experience their fair share of sleepless nights, so they are going to need lots of coffee to keep them going. This “New Dad” coffee mug is definitely something that will be put to good use.
- New Dad’s Survival Kit Gift Basket– This unique gift basket features an assortment of full-sized products to help new dads as they begin their journey into fatherhood. Made by the Basket Affair Company, the basket features foam earplugs, energy shots, energy bars, pain relief medication and sugary candy.
- Onya Baby Outback Baby Carrier– Dads need a cool and sturdy baby carrier and that’s where the award-winning company- Onya Baby- comes into play. The carrier is super comfortable for the baby and allows dad to carry the baby in the front, in the back or on the hip. This carrier is lightweight and features a hood to protect the baby from the sun and/or rain.
- Columbia Summit Rush Backpack Diaper Bag– So, dad is not going to carry around mom’s cute flowery diaper bag, so he needs a manly diaper bag when he is out with the baby. This bag looks like a backpack, but it is actually a cool diaper bag. It features a roomy main compartment, 3 pockets with elastic and 1 pocket with a zipper.
- A DSLR camera– Okay, so this one is definitely a bit more expensive, but it’s totally worth it! If dad is the photographer in the family, he’ll love capturing memories in vivid detail with a Canon Rebel!
If you look at these Christmas gift ideas for first time dads, you’ll notice that we didn’t include any of the typical gag gifts that make it seem like men are totally incapable of caring for a baby. I feel kind of bad for new dads when moms get these gorgeous keepsake gifts and dads get books like “How not to drop your baby.” As I mentioned above, dads are so much more involved in their kids’ lives than they were even one generation ago. These gifts totally respect there roles in their children’s lives.