Since our smile is often the first thing people see, we want it to make a great impression. In honor of National Oral Health Care Month, we teamed up with Church & Dwight to bring you some fabulously easy tips to help get brighter, whiter smiles for your entire family. These tips not only make sure you feel confident when you show off those pearly whites, they also have a massive impact on our overall health. Did you know that poor oral health can lead to gum disease, which left untreated can lead not only to the loss of teeth but to other problems as well? To get you started on the path towards a brighter, whiter smile, I suggest the following tips.
Your kids are looking at you as a role model, so make sure you’re setting a great example and talking to them about how important it is to take care of their teeth and gums!
- Suggest using a timer or a song to ensure that they are brushing for as long as they’re supposed to. You can even make it a family activity by doing it all together.
- Give your kiddos a bonus for brushing. A sticker chart that keeps track of their brushing habits is a great way to give them an incentive to brush.
- Introduce a toothpaste and brush that features one of your kids favourite characters – such as the Orajel™ Spiderman™ and My Little Pony™ Anticavity Fluoride Toothpaste and the Kids Spinbrush™ My Little Pony™ Battery Toothbrush. It keeps things exciting while practicing healthy habits!
Make sure you’re brushing and flossing at least twice a day to achieve optimal oral health.
- The Canadian Dental Association recommends replacing your toothbrush or toothbrush head every three months or sooner if it becomes worn, for an optimal clean.
- Use a battery-powered toothbrush with sonic pulsating action. For example, the new
Arm & Hammer™ Sonic Pulse Battery Toothbrush is clinically proven to remove 2X more plaque versus a manual toothbrush. This toothbrush has a slim, ergonomic handle, and comes with a replaceable head and battery!
- If you can’t resist desserts and candy, pay attention! Foods that contains a lot of sugar can stain your teeth and soften tooth enamel. I recommend Arm & Hammer™ Truly Radiant™ Clean & Fresh™ Toothpaste for enamel safe whitening and lasting freshness plus it prevents tartar build up!
This month (and every month) make it your goal to get and keep that brighter, whiter smile. How are you practicing good oral health habits?
*This post is sponsored by Church & Dwight. All opinions are our own.