This post is brought to you by Thin Stix. All opinions are our own.
Creativity and messiness seemed to go hand in hand. Breaking out the paints meant breaking out the smock to cover your kid, the plastic to line the floor and the water to clean it all up. If you were really lucky, the mess would stay contained to the massive area you prepared. I was rarely that lucky. Somehow, despite careful preparations, paint still ended up in the weirdest places…like on the family dog!
Last year, we told you all about Kwik Stix and how they let kids get creative on the go without all the mess. This year, we have even better news for kids and adults alike! Kwik Stix introduced a brand new product called Thin Stix! They’re taller and thinner than the Original Kwik Stix, giving you more control over your project. To celebrate, I’m sharing a few of my favorite ideas for how you can use Thin Stix in creative art projects! Let’s check them out, then keep reading to see how you can win a set of Thin Stix for your own projects!
Creative Ways to Use Thin Stix
Since Thin Stix are taller and thinner, they let you paint with finer detail. They’re AP certified, meaning they are non-toxic and safe for kids of all ages. Check out the video demo, then we’ll talk about a few fun ways to use them!
- Decorate Wood: Thin Stix are perfect for decorating those wooden art stick crafts that your kids create. Another really cool idea: use them to elevate an old flea market find to a whole new level. Stencil a design on a dated wooden dresser or end table, for example!
- Personalize a canvas print: Here’s a fun way to create a really meaningful gift for grandma. Print out a picture of your child on a sheet of canvas (you can actually buy it for your printer, or you can have a print made), but make sure to leave a few inches around the outside. Then cover the picture with plastic and secure it with some masking tape. Next, let your kids paint a “frame” around the perimeter.
- Giant Poster Paper Family Tree: Make a giant family tree for your kids using poster paper, Thin Stix and small photos of your family members. As you create it together, share memories or fun facts about each relative to help your child get to know them better.
- Cardboard box cat condo: Cats and kids love boxes! Combine the two loves into one and let your kids create the ultimate kitty condo. Have your children go nuts with the decorating. When they’re done, just cut out holes for your cat, line then up and use those little paper clamps to hold them together!
- Mixed Media Playhouse: If you have a huge cardboard box, a little extra time and an incredibly creative child, you can make a pretty cool mixed media playhouse! Use the box as the house itself (there are tons of tutorials on YouTube for different cardboard box playhouses). Roll out some craft paper to decorate wallpaper for inside and wooden dowels or craft sticks to make windows. Add a few small canvas paintings to personalize it, and voila! Thin Stix dry in 90 seconds, so your kids don’t have to wait long to move into their new home!
These are just a few fun ways to use Thin Stix in creative art projects. The possibilities are really only as limited as your imagination. When you’re done creative, just put them back in their box. Cleanup is convenient and easy.
Thin Stix are available in a 24 pack that includes 12 assorted, 6 neon, & 6 metalix colors; a 12 pack of assorted colors and 6 packs of each type of color. Visit their website to learn more about all these fun products and purchase them for your family. Follow The Pencil Grip, Inc. on Facebook and Twitter to keep up with news, and on Pinterest for inspiration!
THIN STIX COUPON ALERT
Save 15% off your purchase at ThePencilGrip.com by using the code YOUWIN15 now through May 27, 2017!
THIN STIX GIVEAWAY
Enter below for a chance to win one of three great Thin Stix prizes!
- One winner will receive a 24 Pack of Thin Stix
- One winner will receive a 12 Pack of Thin Stix
- One winner will receive a 6 Pack of Thin Stix (Primary Colors)
The giveaway is open to US residents age 18 and up. It ends on March 1st 2017 at 11.59 pm EST. The winner will be notified by email. Good luck!
What creative art projects would you do with Thin Stix? Share in the comments!