You don’t have to go to the nail salon to have pretty nails for the Fourth! Just follow our step by step tutorial and you will be set in no time! I love painting my nails during those lazy summer days. I usually do it early afternoon while sipping a delicious cold mocktail drink! Once I finish painting mine, I paint my daughter’s too. She loves this bonding activity with me! She says it is her favorite girl’s time! Sometimes when her friends come over, they paint their nails too. I make sure to ask permission from the parents beforehand. It will avoid any awkward moments when they come and pick up their kids. Usually they don’t mind but better safe than sorry! Now, since the fourth is around the corner, I thought it would be a nice idea to have nail art that celebrates that! Let’s get to the details and see how you can rock this nail art.
4th of July Splatter Nail Art Tutorial
Affiliate links included below.
- Red Fingernail Polish
- Blue Fingernail Polish
- White Fingernail Polish
- Silver Fingernail Polish
- Clear Coat Polish
- A Straw
1. Begin by painting all your nails with the white fingernail polish. Do 2-3 coats for optimum coverage.
2. Place a bit of your blue, red, and silver polish in their own separate space using a plastic lid or safe surface.
3. Next, use your straw and dip one end in one of the three colors you’ve placed on your safe surface.
4. Use your mouth to blow from the opposite end of the straw. This should create a splatter of paint on your nail.
5. Do this on all your nails for all three colors (blue, red, and silver)
6. Once colors have dried, put 2-3 coats of clear coat on. Use a cotton ball dipped in nail polish remover to blot up any overflow polish on your fingers.
That’s it! The beautiful thing about this nail art design is that it’s supposed to look splattered and a little messy, so you really can’t make a mistake! I love all the different 4th of July nail designs out there, but some of them can get a little complicated, especially when you’re short on time. These nail designs are all about easy breezy fun, just the way summer is meant to be!