Time to spice up your holiday parties with this Jalapeno Pepper Cheesy Bread recipe. Your guests will love every piece of it. Make sure to warn them about the Jalapeno ingredient as some people don’t like eating spicy. You can even bake 2 batches: one spicy and one without Jalapeno. The taste won’t be the same but you will please all your guests. You don’t want some people left out, do you?Now let’s see how you can make this Jalapeno Pepper Cheesy Bread Recipe.
Bacon Jalapeno Pepper Cheesy Bread
- 3 C flour
- 1 TBSP baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- 2 TBSP granulated sugar
- 1 pkg (8 oz) soften cream cheese
- 1/4 C diced jalapeno (or more if you like it “HOT”)
- 2 C Shredded Mexican Blend cheese
- 1 1/2 C buttermilk
- 1 TBSP vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees
- Spray a glass loaf pan (9×5 is what I used) with Pam Cooking Spray
- In a large bowl combine (work together) with your hands the cream cheese, diced jalapenos, and shredded cheese
- Combine the dry ingredients in another bowl. (flour, baking powder, salt and sugar)
- Mix with together, (I use my hands)
- Add the cream cheese mixture with the dry mixture. ( Again, I use my hands so that I don’t over mix)
- Fold in the vegetable oil and buttermilk with the combined mixture using either your hands or mixer)
- Spoon this Jalapeno pepper cheesy bread into loaf pan. ( Or just dump it)
- Bake for up to 55 minutes.
- Check to see if done at the 45 to 50 minute mark.
- Remove from the oven,
- Cool on a wire rack.
- Cool for up to 30 minutes then remove from pan.
You can make it ahead of time and store in an air tight container for few days. You can even freeze it for future consumption. Make sure to slice it before freezing though. While freezing is convenient, the taste may be altered when you thaw it.
Do you like adding spicy ingredients in your recipes? Tell me.