Looking for a colorful salad recipe that welcomes spring and is easy to make. How about making this zesty orange and almond quinoa salad recipe! It is refreshing and so good. It is perfect for your lunch, dinner or those fancy dinner parties you will be hosting.
Quinoa salads can sometimes be a little on the bland side. I find that I need to enhance them with either creative ingredients or seasonings. I tried this Radish Quinoa salad before and I loved. But eventually I got bored with it and wanted to try something new.
Since I had some oranges on hand and almonds around, I figured I would mix them into my Quinoa as an experiment! It came out fantastic, so I’m sharing it with you! With just three ingredients, this quinoa salad recipe truly is an easy healthy recipe!
Zesty Orange and Almond Quinoa Salad
- 1 cup of quinoa
- 2 oranges
- 1/3 cup of roasted almonds
1. Cook the quinoa as per directions and let it cool.
2. While the quinoa is cooking:
- Peel one orange
- Cut the orange in half.
- First half of orange: slice it to decorate your salad
- Second half: dice it.
- In a cup, press the second orange (nothing like fresh orange juice)
- Add some salt and pepper to taste to that cup
3. In a large salad bowl, add quinoa, diced oranges and almonds
4. Season with the orange juice. Make sure to pour the juice slowly so you don’t completely saturate the quinoa. No one wants saggy quinoa salad, right?
5. Decorate with the slices of oranges. Of course, you can also eat those decorations!
Voilà. It is a refreshing spring salad that will please most of the taste buds in your home. This is the perfect way to introduce quinoa to your picky eaters, too. The orange adds a nice sweetness to the nutty flavors of the almond and the quinoa itself. Find more delicious spring recipes on our Pinterest board!
What do you think of this easy quinoa salad recipe? Have you ever tried mixing quinoa with fruits? How did you like it. Share with us in the comments below!