Ready for some great family holiday travel tips and a chance to win an amazing dream vacation for a family of four? We’ve got the tips, Atlantic Luggage has the chance to win! Read on for more information on both!
The holidays are approaching! Time to start thinking about your travel plans. Whether you’re flying across the globe to visit a far-off loved one or just across the state to your parents’ house, Atlantic Luggage makes packing a breeze. If you recall back during the summer, we shared a review of the Atlantic® Ultra® LITE 2 luggage. This super light piece of luggage is easy on your back, yet lets you fill it to the brim with all your essentials.
Today, I want to share a few of my favorite holiday travel packing tips! Then read on, because Atlantic Luggage is giving your family the chance to win a trip of a lifetime to San Diego or New York!
Holiday Travel Packing Tips
Packing for holiday travel is a bit different than, say, packing for your summer vacation. First, the weather is usually much cooler (unless you’re lucky enough to be heading towards a warm destination!). Second, you often have gifts for relatives to consider! Take a look at my tip to make it easier!
- Keep bulky clothes to a minimum. If you are heading to cooler climates, pack one or two really great versatile sweaters that you can layer over lighter tops. Wear your winter coat on the plane, then take it off and stow it overhead (or use it as a pillow!)
- Wrap presents at your destination. Boxes and wrapping paper take up a lot more space than you think. Put all your gifts into a plastic bag in your suitcase and buy wrapping paper when you reach your destination.
- Ship large or heavy gifts ahead of time. If you’re giving out large or exceptionally heavy gifts, consider shipping them ahead of time. Ground shipping fees are usually significantly less than the extra baggage weight fees!
- Pack all your toiletries in a separate compartment of your luggage. Nothing ruins a trip faster than opening your suitcase and finding out that your shampoo exploded all over your favorite holiday outfit! I always pack anything that has the potential for that kind of destruction in a separate compartment entirely.
- Use separate suitcases for every paying passenger. While it sounds easier to pack your toddler’s clothes in with your husbands and eliminate a suitcase, if you’re paying for the seat, take a separate suitcase. That way you have more space for gifts received at your destination, goodies you pick up and any extra overflow from your own suitcase. Use lightweight Atlantic Luggage and you will barely notice the extra weight! Plus, Atlantic Luggage is so affordable, you can easily buy one for every family member.
Get Away on the Trip of a Lifetime with Atlantic Luggage
Ready to take the trip of a lifetime? Atlantic Luggage and Delta Vacations are giving you and your family (up to four) the chance to win a dream vacation to New York or San Diego! You’ll head to one of these great destinations for three days and two nights! Check out the details:
- Grand Prize package trip certificate is valid for: (a) round-trip economy air transportation valued at up to $450 per ticket for the Grand Prize winner and three (3) guests from a major U.S. airport serviced by Delta Air Lines near to the Grand Prize winner’s home (as determined by Sponsor), to a major U.S. airport serviced by Delta Air Lines near New York City or San Diego, CA (as chosen by winner and determined by Sponsor); (b) hotel accommodations at a participating Delta Vacations hotel in New York City or San Diego, C; (c) four (4) Atlantic® carry-on sized suitcases; and (d) $300 allowance to spend on their choice of Delta Vacations Tour or Activity packages.
- Sweepstakes runs October 15 through November 15
- Winner will be chosen within 7-10 days following the close of the sweepstakes.
- Grand Prize trip must be booked by 9/30/15 and travel must be completed by 10/31/15.
- Total prize value of $3,700
Which would you choose if you won? New York or San Diego?