We received a complimentary Bubble Bum Inflatable Car Booster Seat for this review. Our opinions are our own.
If you have children still in booster seats, you know what a pain they can be to cart around. Booster seats are typically large, bulky, and quite heavy, and therefore can be a challenge if you find yourself traveling. This can also pose a problem if another adult will be caring for your child for an amount of time where it is necessary they have a booster seat. Booster seats however are necessary for safety, so what options do you have to make life a little simpler while still providing a safe car ride for your child? The Bubble Bum Inflatable car seat is the answer.
Never heard of Bubble Bum? No worries. I recently had the chance to test this new and exciting product out. Having two young children of my own who are currently in boosters, I was curious to see how this product worked. I could not wrap my brain around the idea of an inflatable car seat at first, so I was interested in seeing what this product was really about. I must say I was pleasantly surprised.
First, let me point out a few features of the Bubble Bum:
- For children ages 4-11 or 40 to 100 pounds.
- Bubble Bum has won over 15 awards for safety including The Insurance Institute for Highway Safety.
- Passes all safety requirements.
- Comes in bright, child friendly colors.
- Deflates to the size of a small hand bag and can easily fit in your purse.
- Is light weight.
- Takes less than 20 seconds to inflate
When my Bubble Bum arrived, I was surprised at how compact it was. It is no bigger than the size of a small purse when deflated, and fits nice and neat in a small carry bag that is included. Once removed, set up is easy. There is a small notch that you turn open and blow into as you would a balloon. In seconds, the seat inflates. You twist the notch shut, and the air stays in. Although you blow it up like a balloon, this product is nothing like a balloon or inflatable toy. It is made from thick and durable fabric, memory foam cushioning, and belt positioning clips.
Installation into your vehicle only takes seconds as well. You must use a three-point buckle that goes across the chest and waist for this product to work properly. Simply place the Bubble Bum on the seat, run the seat belt through the Bubble Bum buckles, and you are ready to roll. The whole process of inflating to installing takes only minutes!
After several day of use, here is what I liked about the Bubble Bum:
- Easy installation.
- Extremely comfortable. My children loved sitting on it and said how soft it was.
- Durable fabric.
- The booster put them at the perfect, comfortable height.
- The child friendly look makes it fun for kids.
- Easy removal. When a family member was going to take the kids they loved how easy it was to remove the seat from my car and put it in theirs. If you can carry a small purse, you can carry a Bubble Bum. Switching the seat from car to car was so easy, I would say it was even enjoyable. All I kept thinking is how I did not miss lugging a seat from car to car.
While I enjoyed using the Bubble Bum and felt very safe in doing so, my only two issues I noticed were as follows:
- The seat tends to slip around on leather seats. This may be able to be addressed if you place a towel under the seat.
- There of course is no side storage, so there is no place to put drinks, pacifiers, or other items the children may need to store.
Overall, the Bubble Bum booster seat was very easy and enjoyable to use. I was quite pleased with the quality and accolades the seat has earned. My children loved it, and continue to fight over who gets to sit in it, of course.