Are you looking for some easy recipes to make Halloween cookies with kids in your home? Baking and decorating homemade treats can be fun for the whole family and this recipe is quick, easy, and delicious. Baking together is also a great way to spend quality time with your children while having fun, even though your children might make a bit of a mess.
To make Halloween cookies with kids, it is important to let them help. By using easy recipes like this one, you can make Halloween cookies with kids by having them help measure, stir, and decorate.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Time to bake: 8-10 minutes
Ingredients to Make Halloween Cookies with Kids
Affiliate links included
- 2 ¾ cups flour
- 2 cups brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- ¾ cup melted butter
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup sprinkles
- 1 tube of orange icing (optional)
- Cookie cutters
How to Make Halloween Cookies with Kids
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- In a bowl, mix the melted butter, brown sugar, and eggs. Add water to the mixture and stir.
- In a separate bowl, mix the flour, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Add the bowl of the flour mixture to the first bowl. Stir well, then add the sprinkles.
- Now the fun starts for the kids: Let them dip the cookie cutter in flour to avoid sticking.
- Shape teaspoonfuls of mix into small balls by hand.
- Then shape them into small flat circles
- Use the cookie cutter to shape
- If you like soft cookies, bake for 8 minutes. For cookies that are crispier, bake an additional 2 minutes.
- Transfer the cookies to a wire rack and let cool completely.
- When cool, you can make Halloween cookies with kids unique and personalized by using icing to decorate them if you choose.
Take Precautions, Even with Easy Recipes
When you make Halloween cookies with kids, make sure that they don’t burn themselves on the oven or by grabbing the treats before they are cool. Even with easy recipes, accidents have been known to happen by not taking precautions.
This is one of the best, easy recipes and makes about 2 dozen cookies. Don’t worry if they don’t look picture perfect; the whole reason to make Halloween cookies with kids is to have fun. The icing can be used to put dots, stripes or even a face on the cookies. Let your children use their imaginations, but you might want to help them squeeze the icing out of the tube carefully so they don’t get it everywhere!
By using one of the easy recipes for making Halloween cookies with kids, you will help build happy memories that will last a lifetime. The cookies didn’t come out as the shape intended, but the kids had so much fun making them and eating them.