Planning, planning and more planning!
In car entertainment
Tips and Tricks
- If you are traveling with a young baby, you should invest in a small bottle and food warmer which can be plugged into the car cigarette lighter.
- Travel at night or first thing in the morning so children might sleep, the roads will be emptier too.
- Stop frequently so the kids can stretch and run around, burn off some of that energy.
- Use motorways when possible – they are less likely to induce travel sickness.
- If you plan to stop, make sure it’s at service stations, they will have baby changing facilities.
- Smaller kids car seats should be positioned, so they can see out of the windows.
- If anyone suffers from motion sickness, encourage them to focus on a point in the distance, outside the car And avoid greasy food beforehand.
- If you don’t have a reliable car, a good idea could be to look into hiring one. There are plenty of car hire comparison sites that you can get great deals from. If you know your car struggles with long distances, hiring one can be a great option.
- For more tips on entertaining small children, take a look at the post – How to entertain your kids when your flight is delayed