Who could use a few new food hacks to make life simple? I know I could! Have you ever stopped to think how many hours you spend in the kitchen each week? Between making healthy breakfasts for your kids, packing school lunches and whipping up dinner, it’s probably a lot more time than you think. You may be shocked at the number of hours. Do you want to cut down your time in the kitchen? Follow these easy hacks and your life will be a little easier!
Related–>What Are Some Money Saving Hacks I Can Use on a Daily Basis?
9 Must-Know Food Hacks to Save Time and Money
- Do you want more juice from your lemons? Before slicing your lemons put them in the microwave for 20 seconds. The heat will cause the fatty acids in the lemons to melt, which in turn will make the membranes permeable, creating more lemon juice.
- Hate crying when cutting onions? Next time, put an onion in the freezer for 10 minutes before cutting it. No more tears!
- To keep your bananas from turning brown so quickly, cover the stems of the bananas with plastic wrap. This will allow your bananas to last 3-5 days longer because the plastic wrap will stop air from getting to the bananas.
- Here is a cool trick to determine if your eggs are fresh. Fill a clear bowl with water, then place a few eggs in the water. The eggs that are fresh will sink to the bottom of the bowl and lie there while the bad eggs will float to the top of the water.
- Plain yogurt makes the perfect substitute for just about anything, plus it is healthy for you. For instance, you can substitute 1 cup of sour cream, 1 cup of mayonnaise or 1 cup of cream cheese with 1 cup of plain yogurt. Check out our favorite homemade yogurt recipes that you can make yourself!
- Want to fry perfectly round eggs with ease? Slice an onion and fry your eggs in the rings of the onion. You will get fried eggs that are perfectly round.
- Love ice cream but hate how you have to fight with a carton of hard ice cream just to get one scoop out? Try keeping your ice cream in a large Ziploc freezer bag. This will keep air out of the ice cream and soft enough for you to scoop out with ease.
- Next time you are boiling water on the stove, place a wooden spoon across the pot. This will help to ensure that the boiling water doesn’t spill over.
- Don’t you just hate how your potatoes bud within just a few days after you buy them? You can help stop budding potatoes by adding an apple or two into the bag of potatoes. Apples produce ethylene gas, which helps to prevent potatoes from budding.
There you go! Nine super simple food hacks that will help save you more time (and money!) in the kitchen! I know these really help me, especially when I’m super stressed and running short on time!
Do you have any favorite food hacks? Share in the comments!
9 Food Hacks to Make Life Simple is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options