I am by no means Irish, nor do I have Irish roots but I love cooking and baking with my daughter. I find it is one of the best ways to keep her from watching TV when she gets back from school. This week’s baking was all about Saint Patrick’s Day. We made these easy St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes. It was a great learning experience for her, as I discussed with her what this holiday means and why they celebrate. Teaching my children about other customs and cultures is important to me. I find it opens up their minds and will become more open-minded adults. At least, I hope so.
Fun St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes with a Healthier Twist
These fun St. Patrick’s Day cupcakes have a secret. They’re not actually made from cupcake mix and sugary icing! Read on to find out what healthier swaps we made to cut down on the sugar and calories.
- Banana muffins or any other muffin recipe your child loves : For this St-Patrick’s Day cupcake recipe, I used a this banana muffin recipe as a base.
- Cream Cheese
- Kiwi diced
- Food coloring
- Saint Patrick’s Day cupcake decorations kit: Muffin liners, Hats, Wilton eyes.
- Bake the muffins as per the directions.
- Let them cool
- Then let the child decorate.
I am by no means a cupcake specialist, nor do I want to be. All I want is for my daughter to have fun. You should see the giggles and the smiles when I let her decorate those muffins. She always surprises me with her ideas. This is how she decorated the Saint Patrick’s Day cupcakes
- She topped the muffins with cream cheese
- She added the Wilton eyes
- In a separate bowl, she added PINK coloring to the cream cheese. She wanted to have a PINK beard. I tried to talk her out of it but she insisted on having a PINK beard. Since it was her activity, I just let her do it.
- Then she made a smiling mouth with the kiwi.
We have pink and green Saint Patrick’s Day Cupcakes. Don’t they look cute? They are also delicious. Plus, since you’re not using cake mix or sugary icing, they’re healthier than the average cupcake. Even my picky teen indulged in them. Now don’t forget to visit our friends from other blogs and see their beautiful Saint Patrick’s Day creations.
Please remove your link from the html
For more amazing St. Patrick’s Day ideas, check out some blog posts from a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Bailey’s Irish Cream Non Alcoholic Irish Coffee Creamer from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Irish Potatoes Candy Recipe from My So Called Balance Life
- Simple No Bake Chocolate Crossies in Green from Two Girls One Boy and a Crazy Mom
- DIY St. Patrick’s Day Mason Jar Planters from Home and Garden Cafe
- Simple Shamrock Picture (DIY Shamrock Crafts) from Simply Southern Mom
- Kiss Me I’m Irish DIY Burlap Bag from A Mom’s Take
- Mint Sugar Scrub from Better in Bulk
- Green Tea Shamrock Cookies from About a Mom
- Mason Jar Tealights from Upstate Ramblings
- White Hot Chocolate Recipe from This Mama Loves
- DIY Hulk Green Slim from Momma D Jane
- A simple Irish dinner from Day by Day in Our World
- Infinite Luck Bracelet from Style on Main
- Reuben Sandwich from How Was Your Day?
St. Patrick’s Day Cupcakes with a Secret Healthier Twist! is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options