Earth Day will be here before you know it, so why not dive into the fun activity of repurposing? When you repurpose an item, you give it a new life in a new way. Not sure where to begin? Take a peek below at how to make your own no-sew repurposed towel pillow.
Using a simple towel, you can make a fun and frugal throw pillow perfect for dressing your space up for spring. You can use a towel you already have on hand, or grab one from your local dollar store. In no time flat, and without the use of a needle or thread, you can have a pillow that is both cozy and cute. Take a look below at how to get started!
Earth Day Fun: No Sew Repurposed Towel Pillow
affiliate links included
For this repurposed towel pillow, feel free to use items you already have around the house. For example, if you don’t have cotton batting but have some scrap fabric, use that instead. For embellishments use silk flowers, buttons, or other crafting scraps that you don’t have a use for. The idea is to use old items in new ways, so get creative and have fun with it.
1. Begin by laying your towel flat. Fold it in half.
2. Run a strip of glue along the edges, taking care to leave one edge unglued as you will need to fill that part with the batting.
3. Press the edges together as soon as they are glued so they adhere together.
4. Fill the towel up with batting. You will notice the pillow shape quickly starting to form!
5. Add some glue to the one seam that is still open. Press the edges together to secure it closed.
6. Use your hands to fluff the pillow.
7. Glue on any additional embellishments you wish.
Now all you need to do is find somewhere to display your no sew repurposed towel pillow! Anywhere it goes, it is sure to add some simple and inexpensive charm to space.
Looking for more great repurposed projects? Check out Ten Ways to Repurpose Children’s Clothing
Give this easy upcycle a try and see what you can come up with! How are you celebrating Earth Day this year?