Bonjour, my name is Olfa and I live in the beautiful city of Montreal, Canada! Yes I speak French and English (with a beautiful French accent, according to my friends). The rest of the OurFamilyWorld team lives in the US. No worries, you won’t need a passport to read OurFamilyWorld! Our readers primarily live in the US and Canada.
I am married to the love of my life. We have 2 wonderful children ages 6 and 12. My 12-year-old was born with severe strabismus. It was a challenge for him. It was not easy but we had to step up and do everything we could to give him a normal childhood. Today he is 12, soon 13. After three surgeries, his eyes are looking perfect and his glasses make him a charming little man. However, the strabismus left him without a 3-D perception, made him start walking late and seriously altered his motor development. These secondary effects made us go through all kinds of therapies in order to help him be just as normal as his fellows. Even though the therapies worked well for him, he is still left with minor handicaps: he cannot run as fast as the other kids, he cannot play with soccer balls. These handicaps led to bullying at school and to all other kind of problems. That is one of the reason Our Family World is so passionate about spreading the word about bullying.
Despite our challenges, we feel lucky because we realize that others went through worse, much worse. Many of them managed to deal so well with their problems while others were not as lucky. Today I decided to share our love, joy and happiness with you. I would also like to learn from your own experiences and bring them to other families that would certainly appreciate it.
As you can see, this website is about a family who cares about other families. I would like to share with you what we learned during our last ten years raising our kids and working hard to keep our family happy and healthy. I also would like to learn from you and share what we learn with other families. Together, we can help as many families as possible. I would like this website to help families managing day-to-day life. Sharing tips on how to ease your budget, how to have fun with your kids while playing with them and how to make each day a great one.
Interesting and Fun Facts about Me
- I studied business administration at University of Montreal and got my chartered accountant designation on December 2005. What does being an accountant to do with blogging? Well, accountants do not talk that much and I LOVE to talk! (You can call me anytime), I will always jump on the occasion to talk. I love to write and I love sharing my thoughts with YOU.
- If I have something to say: I will say it in a respectful way but I will say it!! Even if I like to talk, I listen to others and love helping them.
- I would love to buy extra hours to do all what I want to do but unfortunately I did not find a clue. If you have one, please share it with me!
- I try to eat healthy as much as I can but some days a chocolate bar would be a great snack for me!! You know those days that you have a huge to do list and you cannot do anything on this list!
- My husband calls me a tornado: I cannot stand still and do nothing. I can come up with an idea every 30 minutes. He learned how to live with it!. I can answer the phone and fold laundry. I check homework and update my Facebook status or tweet, all at the same time.
- I am on Facebook and participate in tons of Facebook groups. I am on Twitter! I belong to some amazing forums and groups: Social Fabric, Clever Girls, Mom Central Canada, She Blogs Canada, Yummy Mummy Club
Here are some of my favorite posts that really showcase my passions. Enjoy the read!
Bullying: The Dad’s effect
Things to do in Ottawa with Kids
Cooking with Kids: Baked Parmesan Chicken tenders
Things I learned at 140/State of Now Conference
How to avoid being a helicopter parent with Drop the Worry Ball
How I can help your brand
My fantastic team and I will promote your brand across all the social media channels that we cover. We will listen to your needs and deliver them to our passionate readers.
Do you want to reach passionate women with young children, I can be your brand ambassador. I was a brand ambassador for Finish, Lego Duplo, Oxy and much more.
Do you have a specific product you want to create buzz about it, we can write a sponsored post, a review, host a giveaway for you.
Do you want to create buzz in the twitter stream , we can host your twitter party.
Check out our advertising options here.
I can be hilarious and serious at the same time. You will always have a laugh with me and there is always a dose of humor in my discussion!
Contact me today: firstname.lastname@example.org
Olfa Turki: Founder/Editor is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options