Looking for easy Valentine’s Day crafts that you can make with just a few simple supplies from around your home? We’ll have a couple for you this month, starting with this beautiful Valentine’s Day decor banner! This post contains affiliate links.
It seems as though you can’t get through Valentine’s Day without seeing lots and lots of hearts. But if you are tired of the same old red and pink hearts, this “music of my heart” Valentine’s Day decor banner is the perfect solution. Crafted from elegant sheet music, this banner is the perfect way to get in the Valentine’s Day spirit without all of the red and pink. Take a look below at how easy it is to craft your own. It is easier than you may think, and quite inexpensive. Take a look!
Valentine’s Day Crafts: Music of My Heart Valentine’s Day Banner
- Sheet music
- Craft glue
If you are unsure where to buy sheet music, check out your local thrift or antique shops. You can typically find old music books, manuals, and sheets for less than $1. If you’re planning on making a very large banner or several of these fun Valentine’s Day crafts, you can grab a sheet music book on Amazon for under $5. You don’t need a great deal, in fact we were able to cut four decent sized hearts out of just one piece of music. As for the ribbon, we were able to find this simple yet festive red ribbon at our local dollar store, making this Valentine’s Day decor craft a frugal one.
1. Begin by gently folding your sheet music in half. This will make your hearts more even when you begin cutting them out.
2. Using a stencil or just free handing, begin cutting out hearts from the sheet music. Repeat the process until you have the number of hearts you wish. We opted for a shorter banner using larger hearts, so four was the perfect number for us. Snip out more or less depending on your needs.
3. Lay your ribbon flat on a counter top or floor. Apply a few dabs of glue to the top portions of the hearts. Directly on the curves seems to work well. Press the hearts to the ribbon, holding it firmly in place until it adheres.
4. Repeat the process spacing your hearts out every two inches or so until the banner is the length you wish.
5. You can add more embellishing if you wish, such as glitter on the hearts or ribbon in between each heart. We chose to leave ours simple but get creative if you wish!
Your banner is now ready for hanging. It will look so sweet hanging from a mantel, book shelf, entryway, or even the front of an office desk. Just use a little tape and hang the banner wherever you wish. It is sure to add some romantic Valentine’s Day charm to your home that is simple yet elegant.
Gather the supplies you need and give this music of my heart Valentine’s Day decor banner a try. It is a great way to get into the holiday spirit in a way that is fun, frugal, and more unique than the traditional red and pink explosions you typically see. Looking for more great Valentine’s Day crafts? Check out this easy tutorial to make your own Valentine’s Day Wreath. Prefer Valentine’s Day crafts for kids? Check out our super cute DIY Playing Card Valentine’s Day banner over at our sister site, My Kids Guide.
Do you decorate for Valentine’s Day? What is your favorite craft?
Valentine’s Day Crafts: Music of My Heart Valentine’s Day Banner is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options