Are you looking for an amazing low calorie dessert to serve to your guests this holiday season? Read on for a delicious and versatile pound cake recipe!
With the holiday season upon us, everyone is looking for low calorie desserts to eat OR to serve! Pound cake is an easy and nice looking dessert to serve! It is also made of ingredients that we usually have at home. It is convenient for last minute dinner guests. You don’t need to rush to the grocery store or bake a fancy dessert! I usually serve it with some maple syrup on the side (for those who do not mind extra sugar) and some fruits! And you have a nice, easy dessert for your last minute visit!
Pound Cake: Easy, delicious and low calorie dessert
This recipe was inspired from Ricardo Website! I tweaked some ingredients and the sugar dosage! The original recipe calls for 1 cup and half of sugar! I used only half of cup! It turned out delicious! Nobody whined about the low sugar dosage! They ate it and we almost fought over the last pieces of the cake! See how easy it is to make a few small adjustments and turn a sugary dessert into a low calorie dessert?
- 2 cups of white flower
- 1/2 cup of whole wheat flower
- 1 tablespoon of baking powder
- 3 eggs
- 1/2 cup of sugar! You can add more if you wish! I prefer this amount though, as it makes this low calorie dessert a little healthier.
- 1/2 cup of Canola oil
- 1 tsp of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp of white vinegar
- 1 cup of milk. I used 2% milk instead of whole milk and saved a lot of calories!
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Place the rack in the center of the oven.
- Grease the pan. The original recipe calls for butter, but that adds calories! A healthy cooking spray or low-cal butter alternative does the same job!
- Mix your dry ingredients in a medium bowl.
- In another bowl, mix together the eggs, sugar, oil, vanilla and vinegar.
- Slowly mix the dry ingredients in with the wet ingredients until blended.
- Spread batter into your pans.
- Bake for about 35 minutes if you are using a dark pan or 45 minutes for a light pan. Your pound cake is done when a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Let it cool before serving.
This low calorie dessert will be a great addition to your child’s lunch box or as a breakfast on the go! I sometimes bring it as a hostess gift!
What would you serve along with your easy pound cake? Would you serve it plain, with fruit or something else?
Low Calorie Dessert: Easy Pound Cake Recipe is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options