There really is an app for everything, including pregnancy! I remember when I was pregnant with my son, tablets and smartphones weren’t really a household item. I don’t even think they were really invented yet! I tracked everything in a journal. I also had a mountain of books to read that towered on my nightstand and threatened to collapse it under their weight! Now, you can track everything from tying to conceive to the moment your baby is born right on your smartphone or tablet. Check out these cool apps to use during pregnancy!
Top 10 Android Apps for Pregnancy for Your Smartphone
Before getting into these top apps for pregnancy, it is important to remember that they are just for fun. Nothing can replace the advice of your doctor. Find these apps in the Google Play store.
1. Period Tracker- Before you can get pregnant, you have to know the best days to try to conceive, right? The Period Tracking Android app makes it easy. Just enter the start and end date for your period. Once the Period Tracker sees the pattern, it will predict your cycle for the next three months.It will also tell you which days are the best for achieving pregnancy. You can even use it to keep track of the days that you tried (or did the “baby dance” in TTC terms).
2. Fertility Friend- Fertility Friend has been around forever as an online website. I’m happy to see that they made the transition to mobile apps too. I used their app years ago when I was trying to conceive. The app syncs with the online site, so you can access your info anywhere. It’s one of the most complete fertility apps out there, with color-coded charts, tips and tracking information.
3. I’m Expecting- With over 8,000 5-star reviews, I’m Expecting is one of the best Android apps for pregnancy. This app does pretty much everything. Track symptoms, weight gain and doctors appointments. Get weekly updates that tell you what’s going on in your womb. You can even connect with other moms-to-be through the app! It has an easy-to-use interface that is intuitive, so you don’t have to spend a lot of time figuring it out.
4. My Pregnancy Today from BabyCenter – If you want day by day updates on your baby’s growth and development, then you’ll want to check out this app. One of the best features of this app is the Birth Clubs feature. You can connect with moms that are due around the same time you are. It also has a cool Kick Tracker, so you can track your baby’s movement!
5. New Dad App- While most of the top apps for pregnancy are for women, Dads deserve to get in on the fun too! The New Dad app will send Dad weekly updates about the baby’s development as well as provide insight into what you’re going through. It even has a widget with tips from Dads all over the world on how to make your life easier. It’s called the “Keep Your Wife Happy” widget.
6. BabyBump Pregnancy Free- The tracking features are similar to the other apps for pregnancy, but BabyBump offers a few nice extras. One thing I love is the photo journal. You can add pictures of your growing baby bump or ultrasound appointments. It also has a curated shop to help you find the must-have pregnancy items. Upgrading to the Pro version gets you a birth planner, baby name guide and contraction tracker.
7. Happy Pregnancy Ticker – If you’re looking for a single app that includes pretty much everything from preconception to birth, this is definitely one of the best apps for pregnancy! It includes ovulation tracking, weight gain predictor, kick tracker and more. It’s not the most visually appealing of the bunch, but it’s definitely one of the most complete apps for pregnancy.
8. Pregly Pregnancy Ticker – This is another great choice if you’re looking for an overall pregnancy tracker. It has a clean interface without too many bells and whistles. This one has weekly info about you, your baby and info for Dad-to-be. It also gives you baby name suggestions.
9. Pregnancy Contraction Timer– When the big day comes, you can either try to remember to bring a working watch, or you can load this android app into your smartphone and track those contractions! It in incredibly simple to use. Just hit a button when the contraction starts and the end button when it’s over.
10. 50000 Baby Names Free – If you’re stuck on a name for your baby, this app has you covered! As the name implies, it has over 50,000 names to search through. It also has the meanings for all the names. Filter in a variety of ways to find only the names you want to see. Save your favorites and go back to finalize your baby’s name!
These apps for pregnancy are not only useful for keeping track of all those momentous occasions, but they’re also fun for passing the time. Nine months is a long time, after all! Do you know of any other fun apps for pregnancy?
10 Best Free Android Smartphone Apps for Pregnancy is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options