Think that Turkey is just for the holiday season? Think again! There are endless recipes you can prepare with Turkey other than the traditional holiday meal! From sandwiches to Quesadillas to soups, the possibilities are endless! You can prepare delicious low fat turkey recipes that will help you lose those extra pounds gained during the holidays.
Who doesn’t want to get rid of of those extra pounds and get ready for the summer season (yes it is in few months but better early than late)! Well I do! With all the parties and meals, I’m carrying around a few extra pounds. Don’t ask how much, I won’t tell you! Even my husband doesn’t know! My 2013 goal is to lose that extra weight! Low fat Turkey recipes recipes and exercise will help me achieve that goal!
Why Turkey? Simply because I love it! Tender and tasty! It can be added to sandwiches soups, etc! and kids are fond of it! They like the texture! Easy to chew for them!
During the next 4 months, as part of a Butterball blogger program, I will be sharing exquisite ways to cook Turkey! I will also share news, contests and more! I am so excited to be part of this program!
Low-Fat Turkey Recipes the Butterball Way
Butterball is one of the most well-known names in the turkey section of the grocery store! In fact, the name is almost synonymous with turkey. The company has been around for over 50 years, proving that they know their turkey business. In the old days, of course, recipes were handed down from generation to generation, or found in cook books. Now, we have so many more options for finding delicious turkey recipes! Butterball Canada wants to help you make amazing low-fat recipes using their fresh, succulent turkey products.
The Butterball Canada recipe section has a huge selection of low-fat turkey recipes for every meal. Yes, you can even eat turkey for breakfast! Since turkey is naturally low-fat, you don’t have to worry about blowing your entire diet on one meal.Over the next four months, we’ll be showcasing delicious new low-fat turkey recipes that you can make and share with your family.
This week’s recipe is Turkey and Roasted Pepper Quesadillas found at the Butterball recipe
Turkey and Roasted Pepper Quesadillas Recipe
- 1 package (5 ounces) Butterball® Thin Sliced Honey Roasted Turkey Breast. I used the Butterball Turkey Breast instead because the kids already know and love it. My son is used to put it in his sandwhiches!
- 8 slices Swiss cheese
- 1/4 cup chopped roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 (10 inch) flour tortillas! I used Pesto tortillas because it will provide a nice color to the meal! The more the meals are colorful, the more likely the kids will eat it!
Directions for this low fat turkey recipe
1. Place equal amounts of turkey, cheese, roasted peppers, and parsley on each of 2 tortillas. Top each with another tortilla. This can be performed by a younger child! My 5 year-old was happy to do it! It’s the perfect opportunity to get kids involved in the kitchen!
2. Place a 12-inch nonstick skillet over medium heat until hot. Add olive oil. Tilt skillet to coat bottom. Carefully add the tortillas. Cook 3 minutes on each side, pressing down on top with a spatula, or until the cheese is melted and the tortillas are golden. My 11 year-old was happy to do it (with my supervision of course).
3. Remove from pan and cut into wedges. Be careful, it can be hot!Voila! Ready in less than 30 minutes!
Looking for ideas? Check out http://www.butterball.ca/index.php/pages/recipes/view_all_recipes, where you’ll find a wealth of recipes!
Connect with Butterball socially:
Disclosure:”This post is sponsored by Butterball Canada. In exchange this review, I have received special perks in the form of products and monetary compensation. All opinions on this blog are my own.”
Delicious Butterball Turkey Recipes: Turkey and Roasted Pepper Quesadillas is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options