Christmas salads are a wonderful holiday side dish and are a good addition to please those that are coming to dinner who like to eat healthy. These holiday side dishes will have your guests raving and will also cater to those who follow a vegan or vegetarian lifestyle, too.
Salads: A Delicious Holiday Side Dishes
Beetroot Christmas Salad
If you are looking for a holiday side dish that is healthy, you should try making the Beetroot Christmas Salad for your family this year. Not only does it have a great taste, the redness of the beets gives this dish a holiday theme. This holiday side dish is not only healthy, refreshing, filling, and easy to make, but it looks delectable, too!
Beetroot does have an acquired taste, but those that include it in their diet do so for health reasons. Beetroot has many health benefits, including increased stamina, improved blood flow throughout the body, and lower blood pressure.
The carrots in this holiday side dish recipe are also good for you. The vegetable is good for your vision because it contains beta-carotene, which is transformed into Vitamin A and improves night vision and prevents macular degeneration. Carrots have also been shown to prevent cancer, slows down aging cells, prevents infection, and cleanses the body. Your guests would probably be interested to learn that the carrots in your holiday side dish recipe also slow down aging, promote healthy teeth and gums, as well as being one of the super-foods that can prevent a stroke.
Ingredients To Make Beetroot Christmas Salad:
- 2 cups carrots
- 2 cups beetroot
- 1 cup potatoes
- 1 can drained tuna
- 4 hard-boiled eggs
Directions To Make Beetroot Christmas Salad:
- Place beetroot in water until they are cooked. It takes around 30 to 45 minutes. I don’t peel or cut beetroot before cooking. I find it easier to do it once they are cooked
- Cut carrots into slices.
- Cut potatoes into cubes.
- Place potatoes, carrots in water until they are cooked. You can cook them with beetroot but it is better if you cook them separately so they don’t stain.
- Drain and place ingredients in a bowl.
- Add some mustard, olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Mix well.
- Place salad on a pretty serving plate.
- Drain tuna and spread in a circle around the salad, making it look like a picture frame.
- Slice hard-boiled eggs and arrange on the tuna.
Tomato Avocado Salad
Holiday side dishes, like this Tomato Avocado Salad is so easy to make because it only has two ingredients. Both ingredients blend really well with each other and goes well with roast or turkey.
By using avocados in your holiday side dishes, you will helping your guests improve their health. Avocados prevent certain types of cancer, protect against cataracts, lower cholesterol, and prevent strokes.
Tomatoes reduce inflammation, protects your body against damage from the sun, reduces some cancers, and can protect your body from cardiovascular disease.
Ingredients To Make Tomato Avocado Salad:
- 4 avocados
- 2 tomatoes
Directions To Make Tomato Avocado Salad:
- Cut avocados and tomatoes into cubes and place in a bowl.
- Use a big serving spoon and mix gently.
- You can add olive oil or herbs to season this Christmas salad if you like.
These delicious holiday side dishes are not your usual Christmas salads. Your guests will thank you for making something creative while using healthy ingredients . Over dinner, you can even talk about how you are improving their health by having them over for dinner!
Holiday Side Dishes: Delicious and Healthy Christmas Salads is a post from: Our Family World
Want to showcase your product to our audience? Then check our advertising options