Holidays are a special time, when families come close and bond with each other. This is also a great time for the kids to learn special values. Parents can take these as opportunities to teach their kids few important things while having them indulge in multiple crafts.
Christmas craft ideas for kids that they are going to enjoy doing with you and other kids.
- Around the time of Christmas, homes light up with colourful décor. To make your home all festive, give your children strips of coloured construction or chart papers to make a looped chain with the help of some glue. Kids can stay busy with Christmas craft ideas like these for a very long time. You can hang this cheery chain around your Christmas tree, on your doorways, stairs and halls etc.
- Make ornaments out of puzzle pieces, buttons and more. The best thing about this craft idea is that the sky is the limit. Check out this adorable Frozen craft for kids that uses old puzzle pieces and glitter paint.
- We are all familiar with Styrofoam cups that are used for tea and coffee in cafeterias and offices. Well here is a way you can use them as part of Christmas craft ideas for kids. Turn a glass upside down to make the body of the snowman; stick a small white pom-pom head on the top. All that is left do now is to give a red ribbon scarf to the snowman with perhaps some small buttons on the body and a cone hat on top made out of felt. You can make one of these in front of your kids and then watch how kids build up numerous snowmen to decorate a shelf or a mantle.
- Another one of the fun Christmas craft ideas for kids is making Santa and his elves’ finger puppets out of felt, some glue, scissors, dime-size coin wrappers, 1 ¼ inch wooden beads and some ornaments that you have lying around in your home like beads, mini pom-poms etc. cut out a rectangle from a suitably coloured felt for your character and glue it around the coin wrapper. Now stick the wooden bead head on top and draw details with a fine tip marker. You can add a felt belt or hat as per your requirement. You can also make a fun felt Christmas tree and create a whole scene!
- Christmas craft ideas for kids cannot be complete without mentioning table décor items. Create a fun Santa Candle Holder craft that does double duty! It will help light up your table and make a fun accessory. They’re so easy and inexpensive to make, your children can create one for every member of the family.
Christmas craft ideas like the ones mentioned above are an enjoyable way of passing the time. What are your favorite Christmas craft ideas for kids?